Game crashes and becomes slower if replace a normal soldier with an [Invisible Object] in Editor

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 43210
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

The crash bug about replacing someone with [Invisible Object] has existed since 2019/11/14.

In Editor, if we use “Repalce Object” effect to replace a normal soldier such as Archer(Type#70 in Advanced Genie Editor) with an [Invisible Object], game will stuck for a while and crash.

Moreover! After the crash, if I open AoE2DE again, it will spend a looooong time (>4 minutes, but normally in 1 minute) at this picture↓, and loading screen in game will take a longer time (such as opening Editor / loading a scenario / testing a scenario) !
It seems that AoE2DE have to take some time to tidy something(maybe the memory?) after crash.
Well, I have experienced lots of crashes, the other crashes would not behavior like this, they would not slow down loading…

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

1. Open editor, create a new scenario.
  2. Place an Archer on the map. (or any other object)
  3. Create a new trigger, create a “Replace Object” effect, replace that Archer with “Invisible Object”.
  4. Test the scenario.
  5. Wait for the game crashes. (AoE2DE will stuck for a while, and then disappear entirely)
  6. Reopen AoE2DE. (you will find that it takes a long time on loading)
  7. After entering main menu, open editor, reopen “default0.aoe2scenario”, click “Save As” to save as another scenario… (you will find that it takes more time that before to load when switching from screen to screen. If “Save As”, game will even keep loading forever!)

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

Here is a scenario that will replaces an Archer with Invisible Object once game starts.
(Please delete the “.txt” at the end, because it is an .aoe2scenario file.)
default0.aoe2scenario.txt (815 字节)

Hmmm appears to be fixed since I just did it on the latest patch. made scenario with an Archer. replaced archer with invisible object. and the unit properly disappeared and the game didn’t lag or crash.