Game crashes as soon as combat starts, repeatable

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 101.101.43210.05867313
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Game crashes as soon as there’s any combat, literally the first sword swing causes a crash. Has happened on multiple PCs. (2 users had the same issue in the same game) Happens every time we play multiplayer versus each other. We’ve tried new drivers, reinstalling, verifying game files, turning off blood and turning down all settings. Occurs in multiple maps and game modes. Game always starts off fine and then as soon as there’s even the smallest bit of combat versus an enemy the game crashes.

Very frustrating and not fixed in latest patch. Has occurred since anniversary update.

Game crashes to desktop with no error log or error message.

Feel free to message me for more information.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Load into a multiplayer hosted game (2v2 playing versus friends, standard game mode).
  2. Train some infantry.
  3. Fight an enemy from the other team.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoJYynGVPQyKhIpg4Ucm1puuMjfMDA?e=VJSOFi

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

Game continues to do crash when playing PVP. Does NOT occur when play PVE. In a Last Man standing game, we killed all the AI with no crashes, but as soon as we broke our alliances with each other 2/3 players crashed to Desktop.

Hello there! If you have not already, I would recommend that you begin by working through these troubleshooting steps:

If none of those work for you, please reach out to our support team to let them know what’s happening! They will have more resources and tools to help you troubleshoot the issue, experiment with workarounds, and escalate issues if something is preventing you from playing the game.

I hope that helps, and look forward to hearing from you!