Game crashes before load screen of quick play match

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: #114480
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When trying to play a quick match online, the game crash just before the loading screen. I have disabled all mods and still happens.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start the game
  2. Click multiplayer
  3. Click Quick play
  4. Click Find match
  5. A match if found. The time counter start.
  6. When it reachs 0s, the game crashes even before de load screen.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The loading screen should appear e then the game start.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

This bug is almost 2 months old and still nothing… Reference thread: Game crashes in multiplayer

I read somewhere in patch notes that if you don’t ban any map the game doesn’t crash, but mine crashes anyway.

In the thread link above there is another workaround, the one of staying in the civ tech tree screen, that seems to work.

1 Like

Like @Black metioned before this Issue has been around for a while with no actual fixes nor updates on it. it also happens on the windows games platform.
Tech three screen workaround as not worked for me.

Hello everyone. We just released an update which should resolve freezing on the Match Found screen in Quickplay games if a certain number of team maps were banned. I’ve put a link to our blog post about the update below:

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Update 117204

If there are still any issues after updating, please reach out to Support at https://aoe.ms/support

1 Like

just had a crash withotu bugsplat

@thieftdp8498 Can you please reach out to Support at https://aoe.ms/support with your DxDiag and crash logs? It looks like this may be a different crash than the Quickplay freeze so those files will help the team look into it.

Hi ADragon8602 It’s as expected on GeForce now on steam platform, haven’t tried on a windows machine, thanks for the update!