Game crashes right at the begining of the match

Waiting for this to be fixed feels like…

4 Likes

Same here, when I start a new game after a few minutes I receive the same message…Everything was working smoothly before the last update. I sent them an email, I guess the more the emails from the customers the faster they will act to solve the issue. In the meanwhile if someone managed to fix it, we would be grateful to get his feedback about how he dealt with it.

Thanks!!

Microsoft replied to me in email that they cannot help because I am playing Aoe using parallel desktop on a mac… and mac is not a supported platform…

Game mode in parallels works for me. They did something with graphics usage I think.

haha this is genius! thanks for the laugh

Is that true @ms_age_team ? i downloaded and paid for the windows license to be able to play the game on mac via parallels in order to comply with your system requirements. now you broke the game and telling us you don’t care? come one…

1 Like

Also enable the V-Sync option below graphics options screen as it will cap the FPS to max 60.
As it’s not a FPS (First Person Shooter) game it doesn’t need 200-500 FPS.
It also keeps your device cooler and will eat less CPU resources too.

I am having crashes 50-60% of my games, mostly around 10 mins game… also had an out of sync game.

I have a good CPU, AoE2 DE eats around 15% of usage CPU and GPU.

Any ideas on how this works or I need to wait for patch?

For those using PARALLELS: try using 4 processors, at least 25 mb ram and use the graphic setting of the game in medium. i did that and now it runs although not as smoothly as before. There is clearly something wrong with the cpu usage. let me know if it worked for you.

yes, 4 CPUs, medium/low settings and lower resolution keeps the game from not crashing. But even at this lower settings, its not smooth at all VS before it could run at max resolution and ultra settings without issue. Also before, the Benchmark would complete with no problem. Now the benchmark just hangs out at some point, meaning if i play multiplay and we top 200-300 units, it will probably crash in this lower settings too. @ArgSwiss I prefer to wait for a fix/patch from developers as it is clear the game has an issue. I assume many guys here use Parallels because its easier for us to get affected by this since we are running both mac os and windows and need much more resources than vs native windows.

1 Like

yeah, sure they need to fix this. There are a lot of people with native windows who are having this issues as well. io mean, this was ok three days ago, no?

1 Like

I have a quite old Mac and my game crashed with the new update. When setting performance to absolute Max in parallels and turn v-sync on, it works absolutely fine!

I do not have this bug, but today I hosted like 6 games, and in every single one someone crashed at start. Very fun to play… I also crashed once, but not at beginning of match, but in menu, while creating a lobby

I begin the game 2/3 weeks ago i can’t play anymore since monday… i don’t understand why there is not patch since the update. it’s so looooong

Well we once had a bug where people could research techs up to 256 times in ranked play. This was in game for 30 days, before getting fixed.
We had a lot of people complaining about random crashes at 10-15 min mark (they got them in roundabout 25% of games), this got addressed after more than 100 days…
So yeah, dont be too optimistic, I still dont get why the ratings for the game (for example on steam) still are quite good tbh

It’s an awesome game. That’s why it has such good ratings. I really miss this game a lot…

Well im gonna change my rating to the lowest possible until the issue is fixed…

On windows 10 using Parallels and starting a new game on age of empires - 300% cpu usage!!!
Screenshot 2021-01-28 at 7.14.03 PM

On windows 10 using Parallels with AOE close. - only 5% usage

@GMEvangelos any news?

i have the same problem

1 Like

That’s the last response w received from a Dev. Please follow the steps so they have as much info as possible.