- **BUILD #: i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00 GHz / 16 GB RAM
- PLATFORM: Steam
- OS: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.
This has happened to me like 3-4 times now in online games. It never happens when I play offline with bots. This only happens in Steam, when I’m playing online ranked games.
I play 2v2 with a friend in Team Speak.
It also happens when I’m in mid-late game. Always in Castle Age and Imperial Age (when 30-40 minutes of game has passed).
The game simply crashes, no error message, and it goes to my desktop.
Obviously, and this is ANNOYING, I get insta-surrender’d. There is no chance to get back to the game, even if I insta enter.
So what’s going on? Come on, this game is old, and it doesn’t require a really good computer. Mine must be good enough; this is a bit frustrating.
So what can happen here? Why would the game crash in the middle of the game?
I’ve checked other topics where users claim about “virtual memory”. I have 4 GB. My friend has 2’5 GB and never happened to him (we played same games)
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.
- Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)
List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- I play the game normally with my friend
- After 30-40 minutes of gaming, game crashes (as if I click ALT+F4, NO ERROR MESSAGE)
- To be fair, this happens once every 10-15 games. But it happens.
Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.
- There’s no saved games. This is in ranked games.
IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS
Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.
- Cannot add DxDiag for being a new user. Lol.
- I have also encountered a file created around the game-crash time. 07/12/2020 at 18.00
Name: AoE2DE_s.mdmp /// 285 KB
Once again, cannot upload for being a new user…