Game crashes to desktop sometimes

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **BUILD #: i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00 GHz / 16 GB RAM
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

This has happened to me like 3-4 times now in online games. It never happens when I play offline with bots. This only happens in Steam, when I’m playing online ranked games.
I play 2v2 with a friend in Team Speak.

It also happens when I’m in mid-late game. Always in Castle Age and Imperial Age (when 30-40 minutes of game has passed).
The game simply crashes, no error message, and it goes to my desktop.

Obviously, and this is ANNOYING, I get insta-surrender’d. There is no chance to get back to the game, even if I insta enter.
So what’s going on? Come on, this game is old, and it doesn’t require a really good computer. Mine must be good enough; this is a bit frustrating.

So what can happen here? Why would the game crash in the middle of the game?
I’ve checked other topics where users claim about “virtual memory”. I have 4 GB. My friend has 2’5 GB and never happened to him (we played same games)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. I play the game normally with my friend
  2. After 30-40 minutes of gaming, game crashes (as if I click ALT+F4, NO ERROR MESSAGE)
  3. To be fair, this happens once every 10-15 games. But it happens.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

• There’s no saved games. This is in ranked games.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

• Cannot add DxDiag for being a new user. Lol.
  • I have also encountered a file created around the game-crash time. 07/12/2020 at 18.00
    Name: AoE2DE_s.mdmp /// 285 KB

Once again, cannot upload for being a new user…

Besides to all the lag the most annoying problem at the moment because in so many game at least 1 player crashes.

Aside you can see my crash report, i have the same issue.

Exception type 0xc0000005 occurred at 00007ff628a0d4a3

I think it is somehow related to running a youtube video in chrome browser on the 2nd monitor. I hope this helps someone to find the issue.

2020.12.09-22.09.23.txt (6.9 KB) DxDiag.txt (96.8 KB)

1 Like