Game crashes when reporting a player

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 4#####
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Whenever I try to report a player the game crashes. I am using a mod for old UI, because new one just sucks

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. use old UI mod
  2. report player
  3. crash

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

2 Likes

I also saw the buggy report function in Membs stream. He couldnt close the report overlay and had to restart the game to play the next game.

Report function is surely broken atm.

2 Likes

Does the report button work when your mod/mods are disabled?

Please understand that game crashes due to mods are not something we can fix, as we cannot account for the compatibility and stability of every piece of user-generated-content available. If this is, indeed, related to a particular mod, you can comment on the mod’s page to inform the creator, who can then make changes to ensure that it runs properly.

Yes indeed it works without mods. But now I have a slow, ugly looking and needlessly complicated UI… thats the point of why the mods were needed in the first place. (There is a pinned thread about this issue, and that one is (as far as i remember) uncommented from any dev side?)

Yeah, I totally get that one.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 5867313 (current patch)
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I reported a player and my game froze on the report screen AFTER clicking ‘Submit’. I have no idea whether the report actually went through. I had to restart the game after clicking ‘Submit’ as it was no longer responding. Unlike the player who made the first post in this thread, I do not have the old UI mod installed.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
    As far as I know, I haven’t used this before…

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a ranked multiplayer game
  2. Exit to the Statistics screen
  3. Click a player name and report the player for anything, then hit Submit

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

This screenshot shows where my game froze on. Note the buttons are greyed out, including the button to close the window. I left it like this for a minute or so to see if it recovered, but it was completely locked.

Hi,

Just facing the same problem, report a player during game for insult, the overlay won’t close as below.
It seems that during game, alt+F4 and clicking “No” to quit game allow to close the overlay… Better than resign for this bug.

2 Likes