Game does no longer start up

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: Purchased version
  • PLATFORM: Microsoft Store

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I’ve purchased the game, AoE3DE, first day yesterday worked perfect, etc. Then after playing a second scenario (Morgan 2nd mission), the game stopped entirely moving. I closed off. Now the game will no longer start up, even after reinstalling on a different drive. So what did I purchase the game for? To play 10 minutes?

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

Game fails to work entirely, does no longer start up.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

Hi @dparadise80, Have you tried all of these proposed solutions?

Are you receiving any errors or does the game simply not start up?

Sometimes the problem can be as simple as restarting the computer. I know it’s a worn out suggestion but try it if you haven’t yet. Good luck.

Unfortunately, restarting was not enough. I did manage to fix it and find out what was going wrong.

Due to my windows10 being quite dated on last install, apparently there was a display error in my antivirus (it would no longer show screen, though kept running/updating etc). Apparently, due to this, there wouldn’t come a popup from blocks due to something, and the game would not start.

All seems fixed now, i’ve reinstalled my pc last night, and all is working perfectly now. A weekend campaigning in AoE3DE seems to be ahead haha.

Thank you all for responding.

1 Like