GAME FREEZE AND CRASH (AoE2DE) - In any partcular situation

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.46295.0 6421374
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Since the DLC update the game consistently freezes and then crashes in the first few minutes of any gameplay (In skirmish, campaing, tutorial, even multiplayer).
This can be from less than 1 minute of playing, or more than 7 (Its so consistent that i havent had 10 minutes of gameplay before it collapses).
Nothing in especific triggers it, I could be hunting, making settlers, scrolling through the map, whatever.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. I enter any game with any civilization.
  2. I play less than 10 minutes doing all my tasks.
  3. The game suddendly stops, not the music however.
  4. As soon as I click the screen again the music stops and the game turns pale.
  5. The mouse changes to the “Processing” blue circle.
  6. If I click again, the screen turns even whiter and the “Program not responding” message appears.
  7. If I click “wait for the program to respond” It can wait half an hour and not respond at all.
  8. If I click “Close the program”… Well … It closes and I lose all the fun.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

I would’ve kept playing any game I was like normally.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Screenshot of the game freezing and crashing, nothing superfluous.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

I’m sharing 2 files, the game record and the game autosave of my last game (Crashed game).

1 Like

hey @WilyRumble31306

many of us having similar issues and looks like preview update might have fixes for this, issue is they aren’t releasing the update as hot fix just yet, perhaps till end of april. come post in the mega thread so they know just how many are affected by this.

1 Like

Finally able to play since the last update :slight_smile:

First game was multiplayer and went just fine, won too heheh.