Game freezes/locks up in the menus

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **BUILD #:12 11148
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

The game menus are freezing/locking when I click them. After the last intro video plays, it locks for a few minutes but then it gets really bad if I click on Skirmish, it freezes/locks for about 3 minutes till it opens the next menu. If I click on my civ to change it, it does it again. Saving my deck is the worst freeze/lock it takes about 5-7 minutes to save one deck.

So far I have tried:
-Reboot my game.
-Running a performance tester while showing the lock up, the performance tester of my PC shows that graphics and temperature and etc are fine.
-Changed settings to low.
-Updated my drivers.
-Reinstalled my game.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start the game.
  2. Click past all the videos
  3. Click Skirmish

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

It would not lock up, freeze, the next menu with my game would come up in a matter of seconds.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

The game freezes/locks for about 3 minutes. If I try to click, the mouse wheel/buffering icon shows, and I have no control over anything until few minutes later it will resume normally. Sometimes if I am clicking after it freezes, Windows tells me that the game is not responding.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

I can’t do that, it is not during a match.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

I am not sure how to show this bug.

Hey there @ToningRhombus34! If you have not already, I’d recommend working through the troubleshooting steps in this article:

The game crashes shortly after it launches or when trying to start a game – Age of Empires Support

If none of those steps work, please reach out to our support team for one-on-one assistance. Hopefully they’ll be able to get you online and playing normally!

https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I hope that helps, and hope we hear from you!