the game is too slow

intel core i3
4GB RAM
HD SSD
Intel HD Graphic 3000
DirectcX 11
windows 7

can you help me?

Hi @TarsalDesert45, Are you referring to Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition or another game?

Yes

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition

Your system meets the minimum requirements, however for the best experience you will need a system with at least the recommended system specifications. Have you tried running the game with graphics set to low?

1 Like

Current minimum system requirements are unfortunately a lie.
I have i5-8250U, MX150, 8 GB RAM, HDD and get exactly 1000 points (minimum for ranked multiplayer) in benchmark without enhanced graphics DLC (UHD) at 1920x1080 resolution. So my system is pretty much the minimum, unless playing at lower resolution.

You definitely need to buy a new computer for this game and preferably even better than mine :slightly_frowning_face:

I understand what you are saying, however keep in mind not everyone who plays the game is going to play it for multiplayer. There are still performance issues to be addressed in this game too, once fixed should significantly lower the system requirements for multiplayer and allow most everyone to have an enjoyable experience regardless if they have a system with the recommended specifications, moderate specifications or high end specifications.

1 Like

Well when I look at “minimum requirements” I expect the game to run smoothly at the minimum quality, not running at 20 fps when the game should normally run at 60.
Also I have 8gb ram, the recommended for the game, and the game’s been clearly using more than 8gb, both me and my friend noticed it.
Also with the servers the way they are rn you really aren’t missing much. Most matches are pretty much someone disconnecting after 5m.

1 Like

They are working to optimize the game for IGPUs and low spec machines.
However the minimal GPU right now is Intel HD 4000.
I’m lucky that my Radeon RX vega 3 (That never showed me that my VRAM isn’t enough) with 8 GB RAM can handle the game in single player (with peaks of 45 fps in some points), but I don’t pass the Benchmark just by 200 points (in other test just 70 points).

1 Like