Game not responding & FPS drops

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 40874
  • PLATFORM: Both

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

I am reaching out to you to get some support on performance of aoe2 de on my PC. The game worked completely smoothly without any issue from release till mid September. Since then I am facing several issue:

1. Game is not responding during initial intro or during launch of game. Unless I click by mouse, the game never crashes and load at the end. If I click, the game crash and closes with not reponding message
  2. I have very visible FPS drops upon either I, enemy or AI up to new age (feu, castle…). Prior to mid Sep, the game never lagged.
  3. Ranked Benchmark test - before Sep, I had 1180 results, suddenly I tried the test several times in second half of September and I get 950 (not allowed to play ranked TG). Interesting fact: I get exactly same point result whether I choose ultra graphic details in game or lowest and put everything off. Shouldnt the graphic details have impact on the test results?

Notes:
I have purchased both versions Steam and Xbox. The game doesnt work on both platforms.
I dont have the extra graphic package installed.

My PC:
CPU Intel core i5-7300HQ CPI @ 2,50Ghz
GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 with Max Q design 6GB
Memory 16GB
SSD + hard drive (tried to install the game on both drives, no impact on results)

• the PC is more then sufficient as per the requirements + as mentioned, the game worked perfectly for several months

Steps I have taken:
Reinstall game (both platforms) on both of my hard drives
Uninstall the game and instal
Various Nvidia GPU drivers installed and tested (March, July, August, September driver releases)
Antivirus whitelisting the game as well as completely turning off antivirus
Updated Microsoft Visual C++ as per your guidelines (64-bit Operating System)
Verified integrity on Steam several times
Ran the game in windowed mode as well as full screen
Ran the game on my big screen as well as only on main screen of laptop

The laptop is not overheating during the game, it seems the either CPU or GPU are not utilized for high % during the game
Please provide any guidance or support how to proceed further

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.