Game Permanently Slower After Map Editor Crash

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 4#####
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: So I was trying to help my boyfriend in making a custom map for our multiplayer game and in an attempt to generate a ludicrous size 8 player map, the game crashed. Tried again, generated successfully a couple times, crashed again. I went to validate files, everything was successful. Still kept crashing.

I gave up, but he managed to figure it out and made us a map. However, since this crash happened, being in a multiplayer lobby tanks my game FPS harshly! I’m getting 4-5 FPS when in his lobby or anybody else’s. Another verification of file integrity through steam came up with all files validated. Still nothing changed, I’m now down to 4-5 FPS in other lobbies that aren’t hosted by me.

I even have smooth singleplayer lobbies at 75 FPS, however, now it takes forever just to generate a ludicrous skirmish world with 8 players. Still plays smooth at least.

I wish to repeat that this WAS NOT a problem prior to the crash and file verification. My FPS and load times were a lot faster than before this happened. And yes, I have restarted my PC just to make sure nothing went weird, but still having problems.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: *How often does the issue occur? 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open up scenario editor
  2. Generate a ludicrous sized world for 8 players
  3. If it doesn’t crash on the first attempt, repeat until it does
  4. Verify integrity of game cache if using Steam
  5. Attempt to join a multiplayer lobby

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

Hey there @Pizzarugi! This is very strange! I’d recommend reaching out to the support team to describe the issue and see if they have any tools or troubleshooting steps to help you out:

https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/requests/new

They should be able to experiment with some workarounds or escalate any potential issues to the development team for investigation!

Good luck; I hope you find a solution!