Game Replay and spectate stuck in Gaia

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 43210.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: Everytime when I want to view a recorded game, or spectate a live game, the player selector gets stuck in gaia, and can’t switch between players. Cannot also click on the menus of the UI. Also, when I move the mouse I cannot click anytrhing, and a “static” noise sounds when I move the mouse

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question:just spectate 1 game and its rigged*

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. open the game
  2. open a replay
  3. you cant watch it because its bugged

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

bug|458x234

1 Like

I have been facing exactly this suddenly. Very strange.

Hi @EarthThrower787
Are these replays from games from this last update?If so, could it be that you have mods that interfere with these replays?

I also have this issue, has anyone managed to resolve. exactly the same as described plus a buggy noise in the background like trying to build building on occupied space. Have tried altering hotkeys for spectate function but issues continues just stuck on a different player. Very annoying.

Same issue for me. Can’t use spectator mode

Thank you for reporting.
We have identified the cause of the problem - some of your “Watch Player” hotkeys are unset:

We are working to resolve this problem in future updates; as a workaround in the meantime - please make sure those hotkeys are set.