Game window doesn't open properly when launching

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Current version (100.13.690.0)
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Sometimes when launching the game, the game window launches in the bottom right quarter of the screen so that only the upper left corner of the game screen is visible. The rest of the screen shows my regular desktop. The game screen is interactable, but only in the part that actually shows on screen. I can’t drag or resize it at all.

Using different Windows tricks to try to reset it does nothing, e.g. Win+D and reopening the window, moving it to a new desktop.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

Occasionally. It started a few weeks ago. I was using a borrowed computer and it happened a few times, but I figured it was an issue with the computer so I didn’t bother reporting it. Last night I started using my regular computer and it happened the first two times in a row. I’ve launched three times since then and it hasn’t happened again.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Launch the game from Steam.
  2. I use 1600x900 Full Screen resolution, which matches the resolution the screen normally runs on.
  3. (Not sure the resolution of the borrowed computer.)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Game launches normally.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Will try to get one next time.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

N/A

1 Like

I occurred the same issue, for now a trick to solve it temporary : after game is launched and when you are in the main menu, hit [“Left alt” + “Enter”] keys twice.

Hmm I think I’ve encountered it once or twice already.
Not a big issue, ALT + ENTER mentioned above works just fine. Minor nuance, but I’m interested what might be causing it, don’t recall any recent changes to display modes and such.

Yeah, It happened to me too, I had to restart the game

This is addressed on another thread

In short, use alt-enter to get the game back to full screen.