German Civ Dissapeared from all menus, I cannot play with this Civ

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **BUILD #:**100.1211148.0 ######
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: German civ disappeared from all menus, I cannot play with this civ, this happened after latest updated.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: Go to Multiplayer, join in a lobby and select the Civ Menu, or go to Skirmish and select the Civ Menu

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: German Civ should be visible

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: *No Germans

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

Hey there @Andres487! Could you try somedthing for me?

The Home City file for Germans should be in C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Games\Age of Empires 3 DE\[0]\Savegame and the file should be called sp_German_homecity.xml. If the xml file is there, delete it and re-launch the game. This will cause the game to create a new German Home City on startup.

I hope this helps you! Let me know if you cannot find the sp_German_homecity.xml.

This has worked for users with similar issues, and I would love to hear if, for some reason, your German Home City file has been corrupted somehow.

Thanks for the report!

1 Like