Give the Janissary back his hat?

This is exactly what Im saying people who want the hat can use a mod for it no need to change the in the main game.

1 Like

So far, the majority of people in my poll want the hat, so if the sample size is larger and the pattern holds, then there wouldn’t be a lot of pushback if it were added to the base game.

EDIT: I thought we were in the other discussion. My bad.

But why wouldn’t you, since it requires nothing? I mean, is there anything against it in 2023?
Obviously you can use the mod, but the same could have been said for small trees.
And now it’s part of the game. Range indicator mod? Part of the game now.
So, why not the hat?

As long as its optional im perfectly fine.

Why are you so hesitant to have more historically-accurate and flashier Janissaries in your game?

What is the point when its already a scenario unit?If its a brand new unit skin im all up for it.

I think the SE unit was meant as some kind of compromise to fans who wanted the original skin. If it does get added to the base game, maybe the Royal Janissary can get a more decked-out appearance.

because it changes how existing mods work. you break compatibility for over people simply because what u want. why not the skin mod? same question can be asked.

How does it break compatibility to substitute a sprite with a game update in the future? I’m genuinely clueless.
Alright alright, it’s the end of the world, I get it.

it wouldn’t be end of your world to use skin mod yes? or would it?

say there are two janissary units in a mod, one being stronger and it is differentiated by the existing graphical file names, janissary, and janissary with hat.

forcing the change like you guys mentioned in this thread would mean the current janisary will now have a hat, which would be same as the upgraded unit.

Or
just duplicate the file and give it a different name?

Good point.

It’s better than Aachen Cathedral, sure, but it’s a terrible likeness.

Hat means more for Janissary. Current Janissary looks just like Hand Cannoneer but it is more elite unit and hat can symbolize that very well. Red-amaranth clothes can also be given the Janissary. Current Janissary looks very dull like trash units in the game Pikeman, Light Cavalry, Skirmisher. Gold units (Knight-line, Arbalest, UUs etc.) are more colourful and fancy looking, Janissary is one of the exception.

These kind of symbolization is shown in every part of the game. Boyar has highest armor among cavalry, and its icon is also most armored one. Leitis is least armored cavalry and its armor also lowest. Sure a lot of units violate this pattern like Cataphract and Scout but generally UUs looks very fancy but Janissaris aren’t.

2 Likes

Disagree
 I think give UUs Elite version some kind of visual change is mandatory for readability. We should be able to know if a unit reached its Elite version without the need of clicking on it, just like any other unit.

I agree having a different look to the elite version will improve readability.initially it will take some time to get use to it but thats common for any visual change.

2 Likes

the same can be said for the camp that wants the skin. create a local mod if you want the hat?

2 Likes

Funny how some ppl changed the topic from graphical issue to balance issue.

Anyway, I fully support that they should have their hat like the royal version. Why satisfy a small group of Irrational people who don’t play, don’t pay and don’t care about the game while pissing off the majority who actually pay their money and care about the game? Make no sense.

3 Likes

Yessuh! The fancier the better.

funny how some people can’t understand that others will only complain on forum when they are dissatisfied and this is like 10 people out of 30k player base, yet think they are in the majority.

2 Likes

Youtube comments also want to see hat and red cloth of real Janissaries. If you think current skin of Janissary looks better, no problem, it is your own preference. I think it’s not a big enough topic to have a heated debate about it.