GIVE US BACK THE ORIGINAL 11 TAUNT

Why would you change the most classic taunt in the game for over 20 years? Just why?

8 Likes

It’s only changed for the duration of the mayhem event (source: reddit -> answer from a developer).

13 Likes

Viper not a fan of it either - https://youtu.be/urT0egzuLzs

Fortunately someone decided to act very quickly and made this https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/15559

1 Like
5 Likes

WE WANT OLD 11 BACK!!

Don’t overreact mates. It’s just a temporary easter egg. No need to start drama…

9 Likes

It’s a temporary update guys. Just hold your horses.
They will get it changed after the event

4 Likes

Not gonna lie, I will be pretty glad if our biggest problems with the game from now on will be on this level.

7 Likes

tbh i hate the standard 11… maybe coz its spammed so much…

unranked lobbiesfilled with 11 14 constantly… just lead to disabled audio taunts…

1 Like

I don’t like taunt spammers, but 11 was always fine to me

Do you guys know since when the word “lol” is treated equally to 11 taunt? (one gets the strange sounds out of it as well)

1 Like

This has been implemented with the current update as well. I wonder if toggling on the “/taunt” option would disenable it for triggering simply by typing “lol”.

1 Like

These new different versions of “11” taunt are so much fun and excellent background sound to reading replies in this thread.

they rather change a taunt than fix all bugs and crashes correctly

1 Like

For all the people who havent realized it yet, specially english-speaking people, the actual 11 taunts are the ones that were localized in the original 1999 AOK release. I could easily recognize the spanish one in there. Well most of them, except the old-lady 11. I dont know about that one. So is a nice easter egg for the people who didnt grow listening to Herb Laugh.

2 Likes

I realise this, but why didn’t they make it optional like the rest of the event stuff normally is?

My biggest concern however is the fact they are prioritising fun events and easter eggs over fixing pathfinding, crashes, static game rooms, player profiles, spectating chat, anti-cheat, removing the censor, a functional spec overlay, Arabia only queue, team games which don’t crash, the list goes on and on.

I don’t know about you, but I’d prefer a functional game over fun event stuff.

1 Like

They really need to leave the game alone and stop making all these changes

1 Like

-Many people like the event “stuff” myself included. You think they are ignoring everything else?

3 Likes

This is not LOL or DOTA

we have one of the oldest gamers communities. and they rather change a taunt or making new stupid events than fixing bugs, hacks and screen crashes