GIVE US BACK THE ORIGINAL 11 TAUNT

Not saying the event stuff is bad, just that functional gameplay should always be prioritised. Last patch, a bug was introduced where you could get technologies multiple times for free as a result of the 256x tech cheat code.
Fun event stuff was prioritised over normal gameplay.

There is a hacker at #1 on the leaderboard, 100s of people are suffering from crashes and disconnects, and the censor has got worse. Instead of spending developer time on fixing this, they spent it on easter eggs and auto-scouting sheep.
Fun event stuff was prioritised over normal gameplay.

1 Like

-But what you’re saying doesn’t add up logically. A working 256x for the game was one of the most requested mods for the game. The did some work to implement it in the game (I think there are still some bugs but at least the game works with the mod the majority of the time).

-Unfortunately; that work (that was wanted) caused an exploit that people, aka “us”, abused to cheat. So they fixed it. So with that timeline, I don’t see a waste of dev resources.

-I’m not sure what the “new” hack is, but so far only one player is shown to be doing it, so it seems like we’re back to a rare amount of people hacking (think prior to April patch). We’ve slowly been seeing people get banned, albeit slowly; but that guy got to #1 in what, one or two days? So what? Does that mean anything to development working on something else? I don’t see how the two are related.

-In regards to the censorship, it looks like every patch it gets worse or better. Obviously being able to just turn it off would be ideal; but again they are working on it continually
 so how can you say they are not paying attention to it?

-The game has been pretty stable for the past few months and this patch broke 3v3/4v4 matchmaking. How can you say they spent it on easter eggs and auto-scouting sheep when they all came out at the same time? They also are continually fixing disconnects and crashing. You make it sound like its so black and white they are doing 0 work for anything important but every patch shows a subset of people having their games fixed/get better (I rarely see anyone post performance issues now). One of the number one reported issues was the “5 minute disconnect” issue. I used to see one post a day about that but now I haven’t seen a new one.

-Anyway, all of this is to say, you’re being very misleading saying they are doing nothing and only spending time making/prioritizing events.

2 Likes

I would get soo incredibly annoyed that these skins/mods get auto installed. Ok you wanna do cringeworthy events for casuals, then make a toggle for auto install of event mods.

Imagine one day I want to play and my arrows are flowers
 wtf.

This post was made before I was aware this was a temporary easter egg so there’s no need for snide comments like this.

2 Likes

That’s fair. Sorry, I really meant for it to be more funny sarcastic than snide

I’m sad that the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 taunts and more were changed in a way that I feel is inferior. Unfortunately, those changes seem permanent :disappointed:

1 Like

Censor has gotten 10x better. Dunno who you’re playing, but I can actually say my name without getting censored 11.

Being salty doesn’t help anything, and there’s no evidence for what that you’re saying. It doesn’t even make sense that these events would take away from bigger (and far, far more complex) issues like pathfinding, netcode, and other general bugs. You can’t just magically fix this stuff, it takes a LOT more dev time than adding a trophy case model to the TC.

I do agree on the 256x bug, but I’m not quite sure it was from 256x tbh. I had it happen to me in-game; it was extremely strange, and I didn’t realize it happened a few times until the end of the month.

If you double clicked a tech really fast (like while you’re spam clicking waiting for resources to come in), you’d be able to click the tech a second time before it greyed out. It would actually skip the research time on the second click and instantly research; and that also gave it to you researched twice. Real wierd. Probably 256x, but very easy to accidentally mess up.

Are they though? If 11 is temporary, so are they

1 Like

I think he means since DE changed all the taunts. And I agree, the old ones were better and more nostalgic imo, I hope someone makes a mod for it.

1 Like

Maybe I’m making a mistake, but they seem close to me

But it’s his opinion. So

1 Like

They’re veey different to me. I don’t really like the voice acting for the new versions and all the new taunts that were created, and don’t like the recording quality/dynamics of any of them compared to the old. I’ve memtiomed this a few times over the months, but so far I’m still stuck with them.

And if the new 1, 2 , 3, 4, 5, 6 sound close to you, it begs the questiom why were they even changed in the first place? They sound very noticeably inferior and are undesirable to some, and others think they aound close enough to the originsls. Seems like a net negative

Only the taunts or the Campaigns as well?

These are the old taunts, when hearing them, they still don’t seem neither inferior nor superior to me, maybe that’s my taste tho

1-6 seem completely unchanged to me (Aren’t the taunts in the fandom from DE?)

I prefer the old voice acting for campaigns too. The old “Scottish” guy is so much more nostalgic than the new actually Scottish guy.

1 Like

Agreed, but tbf, the acting of the old one is exaggerated to a huge extent.

Even La Hire, my favorite hero, had quite a cheesy voice acting in all honesty

1 Like

10x better eh?

My point is that developer time and resources are clearly limited. Therefore spending that time coding auto-scout for sheep instead of prioritising stable multiplayer gameplay is a waste of valuable time. I recognise that adding trophies, auto-sheep etc. is not as difficult as fixing melee pathfinding, but big issues like this should always be given priority over useless eye-candy/singleplayer stuff.

1 Like

@HenryTheLion123 Did you try logging out of Xbox Live? If it didn’t work, then this https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/gte8g1/heres_how_to_completely_disable_the_censoring/ should help you

2 Likes

Nice.

Finally a good option

I’ve already done that but thanks. This is still a problem for the majority of players and when streamers with 1000s of viewers are getting censored for saying dumb stuff like “blue” it’s not exactly making people want to buy the game.

But when they see the option to disable it (I agree that it should be in-game, but as I keep saying, I don’t think devs really wanted to do it) they will buy it.

I haven’t seen anything censored in a month. That’s quite odd. I’m signed into Xbox Live as well.

I am afraid, that developers added this to their bug tracker.

1 Like