Give Zhu ge nu +1 bonus damage vs heavy armor units with a unique tech

i tested too i made 25 zng with chinese and 17 horseman with delhi and there is no way you can do 21 horseman and 2 upgrades if you are gathering gold so in a real match you cant do that there is not enough resource by the way i never play chinese so if i made 25 someone good with chinese could easly make 30 zgn at 10 min

Iā€™m not sure what your point is about gold. Are you saying that the Delhi player needs to have gold floating at the end, but not the Chinese player? If someone can make 30 ZN by 10 mins theyā€™ll also be comfortably beating my 21 horsemen with Delhi. I can probably do both of them better, but thereā€™s not much point if people are just going to make random rules like one has to float gold but not the other.

its not a random rule you need to gather gold in order to get to next age if you didnt collect just to make horseman thats unrealistic for a real game situtaion and yes zgn wins with numbers i dont play chinese but even i did 25 zgn with a civ i dont play you think the rest

If you need to collect for castle age, then you need the same amount with Chinese as Delhi, so itā€™s just going to reduce the units by the same resources on both sides. I canā€™t see the logic of requiring Delhi to float gold at the end but not Chinese. The only fair test is with both having the same resources at the end, and itā€™s not going to make any difference whether thatā€™s zero or some other amount.

when you do your test did you gathered gold with delhi or did you send gold gatherers to other resources just tell me that

To be honest, this post seems like someone has got a feudal MAA push playing as china and got defeated, and nothing else.

China, Abbasid, Delhi, Ottomans, are civs that havenā€™t unit counters against heavy units in feudal, and of these civs, china is the only civ that can get outposts with cannons or the BBQ to defend against heavy units.

So ZGN buff is not justified.

If you spot enemy doing MAA on feudal, just go turtle mode and get fast to castle or raid his gold/food.

Also, donā€™t underestimate the power of doing a lot of palisades so he canā€™t pass through your base without breaking the palisades, or build them in a way you drive the MAA through a route you want them to go.

2 Likes

For both China and Delhi I balanced the villagers collecting each resource for what was needed. China needs gold for upgrades and units, so I had enough on gold to cover that. Delhi doesnā€™t need gold for upgrades or units, so of course I moved them off. My aim with both civs was to not be floating any resources at the 10 minute mark, the point was to see how many units I could make with each civ, which shows the combined effect of all the bonuses at that point.

Iā€™ve since made 24 horsemen with Delhi by 10 minutes, with all 3 blacksmith upgrades. When you think that China needs to spend 600 for song, plus the cost of the blacksmith upgrades and eco upgrades whereas Delhi gets all those for free, with the cost of an extra 2 blacksmiths and mosque not coming close to wiping out that combined benefit, itā€™s not surprising to me that Delhi can have more value of army at 10 minutes than China making only ZN.

thank you for confessing in a real game this wont happen also you are lying you did say 21 horseman before now you are saying 24

Lol what does a ā€˜massā€™ of ZGN vs. Horsemen actually mean though? Yes of course, are you suggesting that 20 ZGNs will kill 5 horsemen? I donā€™t think thatā€™s a problem. If itā€™s 20 vs. 15 horsemen and horsemen still lose, then yes thatā€™s a problem.

25 zgn can defeat 17 horseman with kiting is that a problem

I said ā€œIā€™ve since made 24 horsemenā€, i.e. having done it again since the previous post. I changed my strategy quite significantly, and went from 21 horsemen and 2 blacksmith upgrades to 24 horsemen and 3 blacksmith upgrades. The 21/2 was with 2 mosques, 5 scholars, 1 blacksmith, 3 stables. 24/3 was with 1 mosque, 2 scholars, 3 blacksmiths, 2 stables, moving the 2 scholars into the 2 stables once the tech to allow that had completed.

you are lying again i did what you writed here there wasnt enough resources at 10 min i made max 20 and it actually little bit past the 10 min so in conclusion this guy is a troll he is making up things and mass zgn melts the horseman and this post actually a good answer to this thread:

zgn in big numbers even melt the buildings

Did you buy armor upgrade on horsemen?
You forgot one important thing, since you are always 600 resources ahead of China (cost of Song dynasty), you should always be able to buy armor upgrade and still have an extra resources for 2 horsemen. So realistically, itā€™s 19 horsemen with +1 armor vs 25 ZGN with no upgrade. I donā€™t think the ZGN can win this fight in any possible way.

with 1 arrow upgrade look your answer is here

25:
Age of Empires IV - Delhi 25 horsemen at 10 minutes - YouTube

1 Like

We still donā€™t know what your point is? This post is just about ZGN vs MAA why is the horsemen being mentioned? Are you just malding about losing your Horsemen because you couldnā€™t mass them fast enough?

Maybe play a different strategy than song Dynasty rush. You can certainly survive until then if you skip being greedy and get way better units out and probably still be ahead in eco thanks to tax collectors.

you mentioned the horseman and i said they even melt the horseman too then topic come to this place but like the other post say just you lose to the feudal man at arms that doesnt mean zgn needs a buff

Maybe ZGN doesnā€™t need a buff, but civs without heavy units need a more viable way to counter feudal MAA rush

1 Like

early manatarms should have 1 less melee armor thats the finest solution

1 Like