Graphics likes/dislikes Poll

It’s pretty clear where the main concern is: scale. Buildings-units scale, units-weapons scale, arrow-everything scale…

Other aspects can be discussed with pros and cons, even some have a majority against… but the most obvious conclusion is that a big majority of people agree on the scale problems. Ignoring that would be a huge error imo, but here is where World’s Edge and Relic can show us how they really listen to the AoE community.

Props to the gorgeous terrain details and drawing, btw, I absolutely fell in love with it, and clearly I’m not the only one.

that’s impossible and unnecessary for AOE though

1 Like

It wouldn’t be Aoe if they did that

To me personally this whole readability argument seems ridiculous. Sure, I understand what this is about. Yet it somehow reminds me of the good old days where competitive players used console commands in Quake 3 to reduce graphics detail to an extent that only shapes and bright color players were visible.

Did this give you a competitive advantage? Yes. Was it efficient? Yes. Was it nice to look at? No. Did most players want to play this way? Hell no.

Id be really interested to see a poll between this current presentation versus one that is more in line with Age 2 design direction wise…

1 Like

Also I don’t understand all this fury, we’re not even in Beta, they were videos of an alpha, everything can change again before the game is released. Sincerely complaining before you have the game on hand (beta tester) doesn’t make sense

No, i don’t think so. Complains are usuful to lead developers making a Better game. They showed us a game in this bad status and i didn’t see the claims “Pre-alpha” version. So everyones could legitimate think that this almost Is the final version.

Final version when we didn’t have a release date? lol
By the way, I’m saying that the complaints from people who have started watching the game with beta or demo, etc., are useful. These complaints are not very useful, because they already said that the video they showed was an old version and that many complaints had already been resolved before the video was released. So all these people are complaining about something that’s already gone

These people were complaining before they knew that the video was months old, and we did get a release date, so yes, they had every reason to believe that this was the final version of the game

Where is the release date sorry?

fall 2021

Lol its not an offical release date. In the interview they did also said that no date has been confirmed yet. Then…

No, final version because the X019 trailer was an alpha version and After Two Years of development it would be strange to see another alpha version trailer.

Not really, the beta version comes towards the end of development (also intended as the last year of development or last months, depending on the game), near the release of the game. So yes, it is normal that the game has remained in alpha for years

If developers have resolved these graphics issues i Will very Happy. I’m not searching any excuses for that. I only wanna the best AOE and the graphic aspect Is a very important thing for an AAA title.

The game was in alpha before the XO19 trailer, there’s no reason for a game to be in alpha for almost 4 years and it looks like this

Did you know what is the differnece between alpha and beta? I don’t think they are balancing, improoving graphics and physics, etc of the game since 2019

Alpha is the main development period of the game, Beta is the polishing period of the development period. Closed Beta and then Open Beta and then release.

That is the opposite of what you just said, if you don’t think they are in alpha since 2019 than why did you say

What? You also said that the Beta is the polishing phase. I said i don’t think they are polishing the game since 2019, so they are not in beta since 2019, they were in alpha

I misinterpreted your post, my bad