Great patch incoming and greater to come

I’m looking forward to playing after this patch, but I think the ‘what’s next?’ section pertains to the upcoming spring update.

1 Like

Wish they would have just made the time for wonders increase the amount of time to win, with the amount of players instead of the price increase. The problem is that going across the map takes too long in 4v4 3v3 games. and people rush it. I hope this cost helps but I dont think it will.

The cost of the wonder will already allow for better counter play, such as attacks on feudal and castle age, or sacred sites. I agree that scaling depending on number of players will be necessary. I suspect changing the cost of resources is the easiest and least likely to introduce more bugs.

the update is good but doenst resolve any major problem that this game suffer

To me, major problems are game-breaking bugs, exploits, and unintended cheese. Some have been fixed, such as animation cancelling, Rus infinite relic bug, the Abbasid infinite spearman bug, and the Mongol racecar TC forward tower. Others that have yet to be addressed include drop-hacking, game stability issues.

Minor problems to me are things like balance changes. These include rarely-used landmarks, Mongol double-ovoo spearman spam.

Overall, the patches are going in the right direction, and I hope that additional content, better news about balance changes, and mod tools will be enough to grow the playerbase.

mmmm. the drophack issues is literally making eveyone quit the game.

1 Like

I think I favor all the changes in the patch. Not sure wood reduction is the right way to approach Delhi changes, but it’s probably fine. Nothing blatantly bad.

Double stone wall construction time doesn’t fix the issue that you can tap a foundation 1 time with a hammer and it blocks all movement of infantry and cavalry and can’t be attacked by anything but siege/elephants. Units need to be able to cross wall segments during construction until a certain % is completed. Or they need to be able to attack the foundations until they’re built to a certain %.

I’m disappointed they didn’t nerf Regnitz relic gold bonus. Obviously they thought to nerf the sanctity gold bonus, but the Regnitz one is even worse (much harder to destroy a landmark than contest a sacred site).

I’m disappointed the coming next section doesn’t talk about Delhi landmarks. Everything it does talk about looks good, but Delhi really needs a Feudal landmark fix. The Imp landmarks are uninspiring, but the Feudal ones are where the problems are. SACRED SITES SHOULD NOT BE THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY DELHI!!! Delhi either captures sacred sites and gets super powerful, or Delhi fails to capture sacred sites and struggles to survive. Nerfing sanctity gold income won’t change that. There’s no middle ground, and no other compelling way to play. Would be much better to have 1 landmark that facilitates Feudal sacred site play and another that facilitates some other way to play (double TC in Feudal, fast castle, provides a meaningful military advantage, etc.). I’ve suggested in other threads having Feudal sacred sites tied to Tower of Victory (seems to fit with an aggressive playstyle) and adding some other bonus to Dome of Faith since Feudal sacred sites would be off the table. It feels like Delhi’s success is forever tied to the sacred sites at this point. If you get them in Feudal you get a massive advantage. If you don’t get them you’re disadvantaged. It makes Delhi objectively weaker in team games and on maps with less than 3 sacred sites (or where sacred sites are harder to get, like on island maps).

2 Likes

YES,
They need to fix the drophack/desync issue asap

You think its bad now? Wait till ranked is in and there something to gain from winning a lot other then high ELO. Going to be like every game

So 1 month ago was told by some forums users. “just wait month for next patch they sure buff china” after all the butchering they did in previous patch.

What did they do now? Jackshit… Wp. Seems like another month without playing the game. Clap clap.

" Developer Note: We want to encourage more active use of the Imperial Official. Taxes were previously too difficult to collect and we’ve observed that some players would avoid collecting their surplus taxes. We want players to be able to deplete their taxes so that Imperial Officials can get right back to Supervising."

If they want china to use IO to collect taxes then give us meaningful way to utilize it in mid and late game and not some crappy increase to tax collection amount. Even with 80 gold no one is going to sent IO to 20 tiles away.

Imperial academy change also is barely good. Its always close to starting TC and if player played well enough with building placements and 2nd tc it would be near the farms so it hardly is huge game changer.

So clap clap devs for another failure

2 Likes

They have announced more changes for China in the Spring Update

Failure, lol.
This is not a “real” patch but rather a in between patch. Its nice, adressing the right things again, and gives info on what follows. Also with N4C, 100k Tourney starting on Saturday I dont think they would want to do drastic changes now, even if they have them already in the pipe but makes Mongols less obnoxious for now and gives Delhi a little slap for the early game.
When people said wait for the next one they surely meant the big patch, the spring update.
I would judge Relic by that patch.
If its a really big and good one after a big Tourney with the next one being soon after that, maybe it generates some Momentum for Aoe4 or people give it a second chance.

5 Likes

waiting for tournaments instead of doing changes when they are needed is just gonna cause even more players to leave due to problems.

1 Like

After 4 months on this forum.

I never noticed a decent comment made by this guy.

Please just ignore him

Thanks

9 Likes

but he said the truth there no patch during that moment. Also toruney are not pulling enough ppl as it used to be. If you check p´layerbase number the player numbers still decreasing. Also you dont need a tourney to enjoy a game.

very late, the game is dead, the bugs don´t let play, today I lost two match for gulty bugs… I uninstall this game

2 Likes

If this game was more than a year and a half dead (because of 1.6) and came back, AoEIV can do it.

4 Likes

I’m glad to hear it’s a great patch for all who play AoE4!

For me, who hasn’t bought the game yet, though, such changes don’t do anything to attract me. Balance changes, econ fine-tunes, lobby or map adjustments, etc. don’t mean a lot to me. Even if I owned it, it wouldn’t mean much for me.

I’m just wanting to play the game unranked with 500 pop, higher zoom level, cool maps to choose from, and a revamped UI that understands some people enjoy seeing color and 3-dimensional objects for icons, and actually need it for optimal recognition speed and gameplay efficiency.

The What’s Next section also doesn’t entice me, but I still think there will be changes someday that will get me to buy, and I’m patient

1 Like

I’m hoping that will be possible with a mod (this is the real “what’s next” : Age of Empires IV in 2022 – introducing Seasons, an updated roadmap, and feedback tools - Age of Empires )

How I’m working around the lack of zoom is I only play dry arabia. The lack of zoom is just about tolerable if the map is flat.

1 Like

after 1 year in the forums …

Im getting a bit sick but i still have the determination to debunk false statements

x2

1 Like

Wow almost A YEAR AFTER RELEASE at PREMIUM PRICE the Devs PLAN a patch which PROBABLY gives the players SOME hope that the game MIGHT at some point be KIND OF PLAYABLE without having to puke.
I’ll probably buy it for 10€ in some sale if they ever manage to fix this ■■■■.