Guys, let's vote for DLC civ you want

Tbh I’d prefer African/Oceanian expansions first, if there is going to be any, then maybe revisit Europe after that and upgrade the existing civs overall with a few new units, shipments and mechanics like the Napoleonic Era mod.
There is also possibility to add some maps, minor civs, campaigns or historical battles based in Europe, either as a smaller expansion or free content, just because they’re interesting and missing. Also Europe as a region has never been visited in the game either.

PS I still hold the opinion that TAD already breaks the theme and DE breaks it further. At the release of TAD, some people (including myself at that time XD) felt adding Asia is already out of the theme of American colonization, because the vanilla and the first expansion are all confined to the Americas. But they soon got accustomed to it and accepted it (by broadening the definition of the “theme”). So justifying new contents is actually no difficult task.

not sure where you get that from, German was along with Danish an official language of the Danish realm. you can find sources (official documents) from the time in both languages, but the average soldier would probably be speaking Danish (Schleswig-Holstein had at the highest about 2/3rd the population of Denmark proper, and a descend bit of those also would speak Danish, Norwegians at the time spoke closer to Danish).

that being said it would be fun having more than 1 language in faction to truly represent the “twin realm”:

Norwegian:

skirmisher (RG ski infantry)

fishing boats (could also speak Icelandic)

some of the warships

German:

settler wagons (would be available in a smaller quantity than it is for Germans, representing the German immigrants and the importance of the duchies in terms of economic power)

pikemen (idk reference to the fact pikemen mostly where used in the 30 years war and a lot of those where german/mercenaries/lend troops)

Danish:

remaining units, shouldn’t surprise why.

It’s really cool idea.

At Poles, civ:

• Cossack Archer - Ukrainian language
  • Pancerny - Belarusian language
  • Skirmisher (Royal Guard) - Lithuanian language
  • Remaining units speak in Polish language
1 Like

Austria

Home City

Capital - Vienna
Personality - Maria Theresa von Habsburg

Units

Barracks

Pikeman
Pandurs Weak unit (Age 2)
Hajduk (Royal Guard) Archer with axe (Age 2)
Musketeer (Age 3)

Stable

Uhlan
War Wagon (replace from Germans)
Hussar (Royal Guard)
Dragoon

Artillery Foundry

Grenadier
Culverin
Falconet
Petard
Mortar
Horse Artillery

Unique Features

They age up by dynastic marriages. For example:
Age II:

• Spanish Princess: Ships 200 Coin + War Dog (Explorer can be trained)
  • French Princess: Ships 3 Coureur des Bois + The Explorer can use Hot Air Baloon
  • Dutch Princess: Bank Wagon + 2 semi-fattened Cows

They have a unique unit of scout - Goral (with Shepherd’s axe).

Hajduk and Hussar have upgrade (royal guard):

• Hajduk - Grenz
  • Hussar - Huszár
2 Likes

obraz
Grenz

Hajduk

Pandurs

Huszár

Goral

Flag of Austrians

Home City: Vienna

Maria Theresa von Habsburg

Houses (Industrial/Imperial Age)

Church

1 Like

Why Austria? We have HRE represented in the game already. I would rather they add some fresh civs than splitting up already existing civs.

The guys want Austrians (6th place, 3rd in European civs).

At Austrians, civ:

• Gorals - Slovak language
  • Fishing Boat - Slovenian language
  • Hajduk - Serbian language
  • Pandurs - Croatian language
  • War Wagon - Czech language
  • Hussar - Hungarian language
  • Remaining units speak in German language

Persians had strong relations with Russians - Ottomans - Brits - Portuguese - Dutch and Indians so I think as new Asian civ consulate is must for Persians & maybe they can get 1 factory wagon from Russian allies like Chinese because Persians were more industrial than Indians. But yes if you mix ottoman empire and india the result will be Persia.
(Ottomans+indians=persians)

1 Like

I check aoe Twitter everyday and I think they are mentioning black people :

I think they will release 2 new african civs this year & best candidates are : Songhai empire - Ethiopia and Morocco

It seems to me that with this intention they can even add African civs to the game in a free update.

What’s the point of Songhai Empire? They are medieval, not aoe3!!

Ethiopians likely
Still think that Africa is largely unexplored.

Poland! I wrote an article discussing all the reasoning and logicality behind adding Poles as a civ to the game.

Check it out!

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/an-argument-for-and-analysis-of-poles-being-added-as-a-playable-civilization/119111

3 Likes

I think it’s just celebrating black history month. Not saying a African themed DLC isn’t in the works but I don’t think this a hint or anything.

Also, why would they release this for free? a lot of work goes into this stuff.

A lot of Ethiopian stuff is present in the game files

1 Like

I think Germany is very much like Austria already, they should ad Prussia instead.

1 Like

but that is for AOE 2, this is for AOE 3.

Because it has not been explored at all xDDD

Overall, the Germans can be divided into three main subgroups (not only in the game):
Prussia: (Prussia and Northern Germany)
HRE (or Germans or Saxons): (Southern Germany and Switzerland)
Austria: (Austria, Hungary, Transylvania and many Slavs: e.g. Czechs and Croats)

The Prussians would be focused on the infantry, the HRE on the mercenaries, and the Austrians on the multinational units.

Yes, this is AoE 3, not a AoE 2.

Medieval Poles (AoE 2) could be a defensive civ, but in AoE 3 the Poles should be a quick offensive civ. It should take into account the multinational character of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.

I know, but it would be strange that there are African civilizations in Historical Battles and (probably) the same civilizations would be in paid DLC.

In addition, it could happen that the developers planned to add them to the game immediately, but due to the pandemic, they could not do everything in time before the game’s premiere.

1 Like