Hera's unique units tierlist

… or, and listen to me because this is wild, the pala player will take a decent engagement and obliterate a pure janissaries army 11

1 Like

Sometimes that happens too xD Especially when u are struck somewhere xD 11

And thats fine, but your test could be used for almost every unit.

Imagine spending double the resources on paladins in a test vs heavy camels to say camels arent thst good…

I allways think that Camels are not a good pop efficent counter against Paladins btw.
Also, I just stated that in big numbers Ejans are erasing most of units thats all.Never said Ejans are S tier units.Never claimed they are super units.Never claimed they counter arbls.
Unlike HC’s and Arbalesters Ejans are really strong against Eskirms&Heavy Cavarly in most cases.If you can afford 45-50 Ejans they are better then 55-60 arbalesters against Eskirms,İnfantries,Eagles,Heavy Cavarly or Light Cavarly.Unlike arbalesters Jannies can’t be hard countered by eskirms or heavy cavarly (Untill super late game)
They are sold A tier for my opinion.And they are (with zero frame delay) interstingly good in numbers thats all bro.

Except they are pop efficent…thry win 1v1.

Heavy camels do 24 damage a swing to a paladin and kill one in 8 swings.

In that time they take 136 damage but survive.

Saracen, gurjaras, and hindustani camels are even Better.

Couple this with faster speed, faster training, cheaper cost, and much cheaper upgrade and heavy camels shred paladins

Thats true. But problem is they are barely counter to Generic Heavy Cavarly.They are weak against almost everything else. Also costs great amount of gold.60 gold if i remember correctly. I dont prefer Camels if im not Saracen or Gurjaras or Hindus.
EJans or Mangudais are even better against Paladins or Cavaliers then Hcamels also they are not weak against other units as well also cheaper option.
After Gunpoweder buffs i love Ejans…I was the one who complains about Jans before. But now they are solid A tier. But When it comes to Turks they are still terrible in open maps as well 11 xD Not because skirms or pikes just because not reliable eco bonus and weaker military composition for full gold reliant civ but its not the topic here .

Point 1. Janissaries fall off hard in 1v1 imp because they’re unsustainable. There’s almost no endgame comp that janissaries can face cost effectively you have about one good push with them before they have the production and eco set up to send endless tides at you that will chip away at your fragile, expensive boys very fast. Skirms especially. Even if they dont win the battle, not even coming close, they do win the war.
Low quality but throw enough of them at the enemy and they do the job, aka the t-34 strategy.
In 2v2 or higher with trade though Elite Janissary is a different beast entirely and overall they’re great. But the comparison of those two game modes is so different.

Point 2. Huskarls can not be directly compared to champions in any way. They fulfill completely different roles. Ol’ Husky is made to sprint down archers but lose melee combat to literally anything. The champ is meant to beat opponents in melee but he’s not as fast or as resistant to arrows. They’re a perfect team along with the halberdier because they cover each other’s weaknesses very effectively. Goths would get smashed by archers without the Huskarl, but instead they have a counter to everything, it just happens to be weaker and slower than all the cav civs and shorter ranged than the archer civs. Along with the missing armor but absolute flood they’re a really well designed civ imo, took their archetype and really gave it something cool to work with.