Here we go? New DLC?

Bengals would not fit in with the portuguese theme as there were no portuguese outposts in bengal area.

Maybe DLC with naval civs. Or civs from overseas territories e.g. Africa and Asia.

I hope for old style big DLC with 4 civs.

5 Likes

Apparently there were:

1 Like

I think one of the next new civs, as unbelievable as it seems might be the Moors. That would be an amazing campaign setting and great story material, where we play as the other side again, with defending and holding Porto in Portugal. As there was a point where they had it under their control for a short amount of time. Yes, I also don’t get my hopes high for this, since we have Saracens and Berbers, already explored the iberian conquest, but there are some cases when other civs were added that generally can fall under one civ.

1 Like

I just want civs outside of Europe or even close to Europe (Armenians and Georgians, no thanks!)

If your country has participated in Eurovision, please move to the end of the queue.

6 Likes

A naval civs based dlc makes sense just judging by that codename. Civs that comes to mind with that theme: Somalis, Swahilis, Tamils, Venetians, and Dutch. I hope it isn’t those last two.

7 Likes

We have already Palermo for Lords of the West (Burgundy and Sicily with a Western Europe campaign tab) and Prague for Dawn of the Dukes DLC (Bohemia and Poland, Eastern Europe campaign tab). By deduction I would say that it concerns the Iberian Peninsula (SW Europe tab) with a rework of Portugal.

4 Likes

I also think ports and spanish could both use a rework. But I never heared about a rework being a whole DLC

4 Likes

If they did plan to do that they would have to make the reworked civs free else it would cause some massive compatibility issues in multiplayer.
What’s funny is that usually they would upload the new achievements after announcing the DLC, so if you feel daring you could speculate that whatever they are planning is indeed going to be free, else they would have advertised pre-commanding already.

2 Likes

So the parameters here would be Naval Civs that have had contact with Portugal.

That would mean Swahili(Bantu) and Dravidians.

Very exciting!

3 Likes

Theres no way a rework is a DLC. I also hope we dont get to Spain. Moors would be interesting but they arent even necessary.

3 Likes

Aren’t Moors covered by Saracens and Berbers anyway?

4 Likes

As in other games the rework is part of the free patch and the rest of the DLC. I guess it’s Aragon and Al-Andalus as new civilizations but that’s my guess. And I don’t think Galicia, Leon and Navarra are relevant.

3 Likes

Finger crossed for indian civs (Bengal and Tamil) 
 Portuguese had great influence in Bengal

9 Likes

Actually there was
 search Portuguese chittagong

1 Like

Screenshot (341)

4 Likes

Rework seems pretty unlikely to me. If splitting a civ into several ones with new dlc ever was an option I think they would already have done with slavs or indians in the past.

No matter what we end up getting I just hope they learned from the lotw feedback and won’t introduce this gimmicky stuff. Dofd was already a major improvement although I still think that wagons or folkwards special effects don’t really belong within this game.

And does anybody have any ideas what some of the mentioned civs could be about in terms of units? Surely at this point we have enough cavalier/paladin civs so would be cool to get something else now (which I guess would be likely with african or south american ones).

1 Like

Half year ago, but I remember:

So, if Georgians have nothing to do with Porto for sure, fingers crossed for Indian civs :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Here’s my hot take:
Africa:

• Nubians
  • Some Bantu civ

Asia:

• Chola/Tamil/Dravidian
  • Sinhalese
  • Siamese
  • Afghans (though they will be too similar to Persians, and some Ghaznavid/Ghurid rulers are mong AI names)

Georgians and Amrenains seems unlikely to me sadly

3 Likes

I think it is most likely going to be an African civ (probably Somali, since the Swahili don’t have much of an interesting military history imo) and an Asian civ (either Bengali, Tamils or Thai), if they’re refering to Portugal with the DLC.

2 Likes