Hero glow disappear at random when too many units in game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: Hotfix 37906
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: BaldingCello

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

When there are too many units in the game, the hero glow starts to disappear and reappear at random.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

List the steps to reproduce the issue... Be descriptive!
  1. start the game with 7 AI
  2. use cheat aegis let them build up lots of units
  3. run a mod capable of building heroes
  4. send heroes to attack, hero glow disappear at random

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE of the game where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

I have temporary remove the line [“Layer”: “Terrain”] from heroglow json file to make this show more clearly in this picture. even default, it’ll disappear at random.

2 Likes

I wonder if the developers see this, if possible please fix.

I also realized this not only apply to the hero glow but a lot of particle effect have similar issue when too many units get on the map.

This reminds me of my issue of blood often not getting displayed for dead units. Do you also have this problem?

2 Likes

me I have blood, hero glow and building fire disappearing randomly and showing up on random places… I think its related to you guy’s problem too

3 Likes

I do not see this in the tracked list. I wonder if it’ll be recognized as a bug.

@GMEvangelos So is it recognized as a bug? It is one of many bug reports not included in “Known issues list”.

I just re-scanned the list, there is a bug that is to do with fire appearing over hero glow, but I think its different from this bug.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! Yep: issue has been logged and is now being tracked on the Known Issues page; we only update the list periodically, so the changes don’t always show up right away.

Thanks again! =)

3 Likes

“Hero unit glow can disappear when too many units are visible on screen.”. This is actually related to amount of units in game, not only on screen. Hopefully related problems of missing blood, particles and building fire (mentioned in this topic) are also tracked :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

thank you for making this post and letting community know its looked after.

1 Like

@Yorok0

While this was partially fixed in the July update, there is still an issue where the hero glow, blood, and other visual effects can disappear in large-scale battles. We are working on a more permanent fix for a future update.

looks like a fix is coming, i just hope this fix isn’t tied to data mod but of entire game so that I dont have to copy over everything to new .dat

1 Like

For me Hero glow still disappears occasionally even on version 41855.

BTW there should be an option to turn on/off certain particle effects such as hero glow.

1 Like

revisiting this, hero glow after october and november patch starts to disappear again at random. @GMEvangelos @ChristheCo possible to take it away? it was fixed awhile back but now issue coming back again.

Hey, could you please make a new report with recorded games or some videos where the issue is happening?

1 Like

ok will do x20 chars