Historical units that need to be added into the game

So would this be like an Asian Malta civ?? Which would be designed a bit like how the Japanese civ was designed around the British civ?

Why does your Korean image look like a Manchu army?

A remote area lacking strategic value and difficult to manage due to poor land conditions, even the Manchu conquerors were unwilling to establish direct rule here, ruling a wasteland with neither strategic nor economic value that was difficult to please. It’s better to let the old nobles who were already professional in squeezing this land continue to rule and receive more tribute. In the feudal dynasty, the main source of finance was agricultural taxes. For the new rulers, the mountainous areas of Korea could not receive money and had no military significance. Of course, local rule would be both calm and stable, Even the conquerors despised the lack of necessary value for direct rule here

DEFINITELY NO !!!

1 Like

If everything needs to be a trifecta then I’d rather we get a 3rd African civ before Brazil.

5 Likes

With most of the effort going to Mythology Retold, the sensible choice would be either Brazil or Moroccans. Since Persia would be too big to stand alone and would go with another civ. It’s the pattern.

2 Likes

Maxim Gun
I’ve seen a fair few people mention this (tagged below) as something that should be introduced into the game, especially after the release of the USA civ/revolution that enabled the training of Gatling Guns. I presume that the Maxim Gun would have a slightly higher attack than the Gatling Gun but have less hit points and only be able to be acquired in the Imperial Age. I recon it would not have any positive or negative multipliers but probably be weak against other artillery particularly culverins. As for who it should be available for, I think it should be offered as a one time home city shipment that maybe delivers 3 for 2500 coin for the French, German and Russian civs. As for the British, Maxim Guns should be attainable through a home city card that moves Rockets to the Artillery foundry (for an increased cost cost of 200 wood 600 coin) but allows Maxim Guns to be trained in the factory (but very slowly).

2 Likes

I agree. It would only be complete with ALL countries in LatAm

But seriously, I would rather have a few more DLC’s in Africa and Asia before revisiting the West

2 Likes

I’d love to see a special ‘Age-up’ style button (i.e lots of resources and time to research) for Docks in Imperial Age - 'Modern Naval Reforms’. TLDR - makes all your ships (sans Fishing boats) steam-powered and stronger with an aesthetic to represent the height of mid 1800s naval tech!

Removes the Frigate and its upgrades and replaces with:

Armoured Frigates

(HMS Warrior as example) These were the mightiest ships arounds for most of the 19th century - steam powered, screw-propelled ocean-going Ironclads.

Replaces the Monitor (cough, should be Bomb Vessel) with:
Floating Battery

A large, incredibly slow ironclad floating platform to unleash long-range canon and mortar fire? Yes please.

Replacing the Caravel (doesn’t fish though!):
Torpedo Boat

Galleon Replacement:
Steam Sloop-of-war

This could be applied to Euros, Fed States and Asian civs, though Native Americans and African civs could get some sort of equivalent ‘Foreign Navy Protection’ for a somewhat limited form.

3 Likes

There, this one’s unequivocally korean, happy?

It sure is crazy how Japan would go out of their way to invade, colonize and completely exploit Korea’s mines several times over the centuries, surely strange for a remote wasteland of an area with absolutely no strategic value.

It’s crazy how those mountainous areas have absolutely nothing of worth in them and definitely didn’t provide any strategic metals that could be crucial to certain empire’s efforts.

3 Likes

Scots Grey

Despite how much I’d love to add this unit as another purely unique unit for the British, I think that it should be added as part of a new Stuart Royal House minor civ along with my previously mentioned Royal Highlander.

I think that the Scots Grey should act similarly to the German civ’s Uhlan with a massive attack but less hit points but be generally better be. Maybe, they might also have an attack multiplier against artiliary and light infantry and/or a siege/range resist. This combined with Royal Highlanders should give the new Stuart Royal House a military feel similar to the major British civ that relies heavily on a Hussar + Musketeer army composition. This said, I’d introduce a home city card to the British called “Act of Union” which would allow the training and upgrading of both Scots Greys and Royal Highlanders in all military buildings.

The new House of Stuart should only be available on maps within the British Isles (i.e. England, Scotland and Ireland - maybe even Wales in the future)

1 Like

The fact that this is being so heavily focused on and exaggerated is the propaganda. There were tons of conflicts the Koreans were involved with alongside the Ming. Why should Korea successfully maintaining peace with the Qing military juggernaut that was conquering all their other neighbours disqualify them as a civ?

You’re a bit more measured in your criticisms but there are a lot more unhinged comments saying it’s just worthless mountains and equivocating it with North Korea. And it’s pretty suspect when all the over the top criticisms come exclusively from Chinese players.

2 Likes

European Lancers (Home City Card)
I’ve found it peculiar that there is only one Lancer unit available to be trained by a European nation (the Spanish) in AOE3de that is not a mercenary (Jat Lancer) or native unit (Polish Winged Hussars). I find this weird because during Napoleonic Era, cavalry armed with a lance was very common. So my proposition here isn’t to create a new unit but introduce instead a home city card which will allow certain hand cavalry units to gain a “Lancer Stance” (similar to the trample mode). This will changed the multipliers of the unit to have a x1.5 multiplier against light infantry and artillery, and increase their attack range to 3 but give them a negative x0.5 multiplier against all other cavalry (to balance this they would need to somehow be a lot weaker to dragoon type units when in this stance too). The transition to pick their lance should take about 5 seconds so that it should be a decision a player takes into consideration before entering a battle.

This card should be available to:

• The Germans and their Czapka Uhlans,
  • The British and their King’s Life Guard Hussars,
  • The Russians and their Guard Cossacks
  • The French and their Gendarmes Cuirassier (they’d get a x2 multiplier but would loose their area-of-effect attack)

I’m not sure which other civs I’d give it to but I’d prefer to give it only to European civs that have either a unique or royal guard hand cavalry unit.

1 Like

Tudor Royal House:

Yeoman

Gentlemen at Arms

Tudor units in one modern photo:

2 Likes

豊臣政権時から江戸時代後期あたりまでは、秀吉が明の征服を目指す途上の朝鮮半島で行われた戦役であるということから、「唐入り 」や「唐御陣」と呼ばれたり、「高麗陣[注 14]」や「朝鮮陣」などの呼称が用いられていた[23]。秀吉自身は「唐入り」と称し、他の同時代のものとしては「大明へ御道座」[23]という表現もあった。

Japan’s ultimate purpose was the invasion of Ming China.

This may also help you to learn Japan’s expansion strategy in history

1 Like

Although I love the idea of having a Tudor Minor civ I’m worried that it would too early in AOE3de timeline. It would also be quite limited in which maps it could be used in (basically just England and maybe Ireland).

Apart from that, what cool purposes/mechanic would you want your yeomen and gentlemen-in-arms to have??

Tudors fit in well into the first age or two (1500s to 1600s) with their final rule being Elizabeth I. The Yeoman of the Guard could be an elite pike unit that perfoms near to your/ally’s buildings (as a defensive force).

I’d love if the Exploration Age had military enabled to properly seperate the archaic units from the more modern ones to follow in Age II, as you could have proper 16th renaissance unit roster (atll still within the Early Modern Era AoE3 timefram) which the Tudors fit well within! Demi-Lancers, Billmen, Yeoman of the Guard, Trained Band (militia), Arquebusiers and Race-Built Galleons. Of course that would change the game massively and wouldn’t happen.

I’d love to also see Border Reiver clan minor civs who were present from the 16th to 17th centuries, however like your Tudor suggestion, they’re narrowed down to English/Scottish-based maps.

2 Likes

I think this could be introduced by having a few troops (like pikemen or crossbowmen) being enabled as an Age 1 shipment. Within the game rules they’d not be allowed to attack you opponents base or units before Age 2 but they would have the ability to help defeat treasure guardians. This would fit nicely historically as the first exploration expeditions would not have been worried too much about defeating their colonial rivals, but would just be focused on looking for resources to survive on in the New World whilst setting up the foundations for their colony.

Maybe a new mechanic of native minor civs attacking your colony in the first age could be introduced to represent the initial opposition by the native inhabitants of the New World. These might only be defeated by troops shipped from the homeland as man power was often limited in initial expeditions. Maybe only by Age 2 would the natives on the map have kowtowed to the colonists and opened up for trade.

1 Like

Well as a “Graham” myself, I am most likely a descendants of Border Reivers, however I feel that they would fit more as an outlaw style of unit than a European Royal House unit. Historically they were know for playing both the English and Scottish factions off one another for financial gain.

I could definitely see Boarder Reivers as treasure guardians too, guarding a Peel Tower full of stolen riches.

2 Likes

Because for Japan, conquering Korea was the springboard for conquering Manchuria and even China, but for the Chinese regime, Korea cannot resist threats from Russia and Central Asia

To be honest, if it is necessary to leave the Korea, please consider it as a nation similar to the United States that summons militias through large-scale construction. This is in line with history. In fact, in history, Korea relied on spontaneous civilian uprisings organized by Korea to resist aggression, just like the North Korean regime that participated in anti Japanese guerrilla forces in World War II

Its military mechanism should be similar to that of the Americans who repeatedly summon reserve militias. It is more correct to summon a large number of Korean militias. Add cards similar to the United States Marine Corps to them, so that their militias will not lose their lives. In the history of Korean resistance, they rely heavily on the uprisings organized by the Korean people, rather than so-called fancy troops

Those who truly understand that period of history should admire the ordinary people of Korea and disdain the incompetent king and nobles of Korea. When the king and nobles fled the capital, fled to islands, and became ####### of Japanese invaders, it was the Korean people who bravely resisted

1 Like

Hm… yeah I can vibe with that. It definitely fits well in the idea I had in my head of how Korea would work as a civ. Finding a proper leader for the civ was definitely the hardest task because all the Kings from this period varied between mediocre or downright atrocious.