History Text Mods not working

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 43210
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…

Modded History Texts is not Working ingame.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)
  • 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)
  • 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
  • 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
    ALWAYS

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Edit the history text files in \resources\en\strings\history\
  2. Place them in mod directory. i.e. C:\Users[Name]\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\
  3. Boot up the game and check history section, it doesn’t work

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

khmer-utf8.txt (3.4 KB)

(Place it in C:\Users[UserName]\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE[ProfileID]\mods\local[ModName]\resources\en\strings\history\

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

not sure if this is suppose to work previously. one of the update also added futureavailableicons.json but the support was never added for mod, confirmed with stepS as an oversight. maybe they can add support for history if it didn’t work previously

@StepS7578 please take note of this bug (history text) and the civ jingle music. currently both are not supported with mods system.

i uploaded the mod i was working on: https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/19833/

you can test these two functionalities are not working.