Holy Roman Empire Priests don't always auto inspire

1 Like

Seems to be when the prelate is animation cancelled, no?

So he starts the animation barely and if you move he is still focused/targeting the original villager.

y it looks like that he locks on one specific villigar and when u cancle the animation he wont continue before he gets the one locked target in range. They shoud reset there target if not aviable anymore

The prelate seems to bug out sometimes and stop auto-inspring villagers, even if he is close enough and they are not inspired, and he is not doing anything else.

I donā€™t know if you tried to use the search button before you opened this thread, but i would like to help you.

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/prelate-stops-autocasting-inspire/183674

This thread can be closed, as this bug will be fixed by next week patch:

1 Like

Prelates will occasionally stop using Inspire for some reason still, the bug with shoving seems fixed, but It seems that if the prelate is casting on villagers moving to and fro like in a wood line, he will eventually bug. It is very hard to reproduce. In most cases it seems moving the prelate will reset him to behave properly, but I did have instances where it was much harder to reset him to behave normally again.
Prelate bugging again - YouTube

1 Like

Thank you @Ultimaetus! Should be a fix coming for this. We appreciate the extra information!

2 Likes

I can confirm that this video is correct. Iā€™ve been playing HRE a lot and noticed this as well. Itā€™s a pain to have to hunt down the villager that the Prelate really wanted to inspire.

Iā€™d be curious as to the Prelateā€™s actions if that villager were to die - would that also reset the Prelate? ā€¦or would it indefinitely break the Prelate? Iā€™m assuming it would just reset.

Iā€™ve noticed that, due to the homing arrows (and other projectiles in the game) that units will still finish their animation and fire - even when an enemy runs out of range (hahaā€¦ except for things that shoot multiple projectiles ā€“ nest of bees/ zhuge nu/etc). However, these units will still continue their animation later. Iā€™m guessing that thereā€™s a different property set with the Prelate that he cannot continue his ā€˜attack/abilityā€™ until the marked unit receives the buff. However, you can still manually cast while the Prelate is still fixed on his previous target and discontinues to auto-inspire.

I would think a simple fix to this would be to allow the Prelate to move to their target to auto-inspire (like they do with healing) in order to resolve their ā€˜pending inspireā€™ breakage. I can see how that would be a pain if Prelates started walking all over the place, though. It would help with later in the game (after your deforestation) when your villagers are starting to walk all over the place (or when youā€™re hunting deer) to have the Prelate close that small gap in order for him to inspire villagers just out of range.

Iā€™m assuming the fix will just be to cancel the current inspire action (completely) if a unit leaves the inspire range or the prelate is directed to do something else while initiating the inspire action. Iā€™m guessing the bug might be with a forgotten property that isnā€™t reset (but the animation was).

Sorry for the long post - I was just typing everything out while thinking about itā€¦

In the meantime, gotta track down that single villager =/

January 1,2022 i can confirm that i had this game glitch happen, not sure why prelate wasnt inspiring units,

1 Like

The Prelate is Still BUGGED - Age Of Empires 4

Still not working following most recent patch

1 Like

why is prelate fixated on a particular villager? why is it not ditching the old villager and inspiring what is available in immediate proximity? really weird how they are coded.

Thank you for this @Rmorley1985! Iā€™ll get the team on it.