Hotkeys Issue

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 100.12.1529.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…

Hotkeys relating to unit groups seem to be struggling to function correctly and I think its to do with the Fnumber keys. For example i use 2 as ‘add to group 1’ and F1 as select group 1. {the number keys and F keys line up nicely}.

lets say i have 20 xbow on group 3 and i want to add more, i will go select group 3 (f3), select all same unit hotkey, add to group 3 (number 4) but at this point it actually selects group 4 even though select group 4 is stored as (f4)

For Clarity this is my hotkey setup:

Add to group 1: number 2
Select group 1 : F1

Add to group 2 : number 3
Select group 2 : F2

Add to group 3 : number 4
Select group 3 : F3

and so on and so on…

It feels like its still using some of the base selection group hotkeys even though i have them all changed.

Another example is when i select group 8 which i have mapped to ‘F7’ it actually selects group 8 and pauses the game, but i have explicitly move the pause buttonj to backspace for ease of use purposes.

I have mapped all military buildings to ‘1’ but honestly that hotkey just flat out doesnt work at all which is annoying (very useful for quickly changing rally points).

TLDR: hotkey menu says i have changed hotkeys but actually executes default and new hotkey at the same time, even though there are no mapping issues from my hotkey setup.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

description for the pause issue

1. change pause hotkey to backspace
  2. change a group selection to F7 (or any other hotkey)
  3. press f7 -> game pauses

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

hotkeys i press line up with what the hotkey menu says what should happen

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question:

the hotkeys i press do not line up with the expect outputt from the keys, some hotkeys may have assumed to never be change ie grouping and the Fnumber keys