How about just new campaigns instead of new civs?

That’s why archaeology exists, genius.
Just as an illustrative case, ancient egypt had hieroglyphics as wrtting system. However, most of the things we know about ancient egypt come from pottery, murals, oral accounts, architecture, biological remains, osteology, foreign accounts, etc. In fact, more than anything, hieroglyphics tend to provide religious and political information. Because writing was only for priests, nobles and the upper-class. Everything else, comes from what you usually describe as “unreliable sources”. And I’m making this point clear here because from your older posts you like to reduce “reliable” to only writing.

6 Likes

I only play Skirmish

1 Like

I’d love an extreme difficulty

It’s the opposite, if you poll in any RTS playerbase you can expect that not even 20% of the total touches multiplayer. In reality I’m only making up numbers about what I think it’s a less biased view, but if it’s something like that then it might be a Pareto distribution.

Look at the achievment stats, not even half of steam players has achieved victory (in any game mode) with the tutorial civ. Frankish Victory has a 34,2% in global unlocks, and it’s the second civ victory achievement.

I don’t mind the new civs but I love the idea of new campaigns, especially for the civs that don’t have campaigns. A lot of the devs have made custom campaigns based on scenarios that never made the final cut, which I think should be revamped. Kings of West Africa by Philthydelphia (spelling?) comes to mind, for example.

1 Like

here Nili, who has actual insight into this, says that 65% of players have never touched multiplayer
this is as close to hard data as we can get, unless microsoft makes this kind of data public

5 Likes

question, does that entail including playing with/against AI? what about with humans against AI?

Mostly alone against AI, but occasionaly with other human players.

I haven’t touched a single one of the DE campaigns yet, so I don’t consider a DLC just about that to be worth it at all.

Especially with the supposedly excellent custom campaigns (Ornlu’s judgment) the workshop offers.

Definitely is more than 50%, actually MP is the lowest number of the player base
Most of the people just play against the AI, another number just play campaigns, other custom scenarios
I think that there are more players playing “BF just noobs” games than MP ladder

Yeah me too. The chinese,japanese,koreans,persians,turks,and lastly Vikings dont have their own campaigns. I really hope the developers can adding in new interesting campaigns!

1 Like

I know this is not the best answer but you could check out the Persian Apranik campaign by Hainaut183 and scenarios by Filthydelphia
I mention them specifically because Filthydelphia used to develop official campaigns and Hainaut183 is now part of the official team so, those campaigns and scenarios are as official as a non-official campaign or scenario can be

1 Like

yeah , but the give the dev some chances to build their own official campaigns

2 Likes

I won’t play them unless its coop campaigns, those are fun!