How do I keep Gaia units from converting to the first player that gets near them?

Hello guys, I’m new here. I’m trying to create a 4v4 custom scenario, but I’ve run into an issue where the walls that are supposed to be neutral convert to my ownership when I get close to them in testing. Is there a way to have neutral walls and units that are just there as decorations?

Start them being in the ownership of one of the 8 players, then Change Ownership to GAIA

Thank you. It seems to be working. I don’t suppose you know how to delete flares or map revealers do you? I finally figured out that hitting Ctrl + A let’s me see the map revealers, but I can’t seem to get rid of them. I wish there was a manual somewhere

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out. For anyone having trouble with this, you have to go to the terrain tab and select map copy. Then I believe you click on a piece of map thats clean and you copy that and then place it on top of the parts of the map with map revealers, flares, units, etc. There’s probably a better way, but this worked for me.

Tell me something I dont know

anyway, any other questions you have?

Actually yes, how do I reveal most of the map for certain players. Say I want to keep on tiny section of the map dark while having the rest of it fully visible. It doesn’t matter if it’s scouted right away as long as they can’t see what going on in there. Are a bunch of map revealers the best way? Also what does facet do?

Your best bet would be to use “Modify Attribute” and change the Line of Sight of Map revealers to 20 (which is the maximum), then place them where you want them (always keep a backup of your file, you can see where you placed them when pressing CTRL A until you see the tiny little boxes indicating them)…
After you changed their LOS you can remove them if you want Fog of war or keep them.

Facet is the direction in which the unit is facing.
Creating an Object with a Facet of 14 will always make the unit look to the northeast. Most Units have 16 directions, while GAIA stuff (trees and such) usually only have 8 rotations

Thanks once again. Sorry for the late reply. I’m trying to get something to work, but I can’t seem to find a way. The trigger conditions are very limiting. They basically work like if statements, but I need something like cases.

make one Trigger that activates a lot of triggers with different conditions for different cases.
Additionally, you can also use Variables to count stuff and then check Condition Variable = 1, do this
Variable = 2, do this …

Yea but for some reason it’s not working. So here’s what I’m trying to accomplish. I have 4 trigger areas side by side. What I want is for the players to send merchants inside of these areas and depending on the combo the merchants will die and spawn a military unit. So lets call the four triggers A,B,C, and D. Now let’s say that combo 2, 0, 0, 0 so two merchants in A and no merchants in any of the other triggers spawns a Mangudai. Now let’s say another possible combo is 2, 0, 2, 0 and that spawns an Eagle Warrior. No matter what I do I always get both units. The merchants die upon fulfilling a combo condition. On my last attempt I tried doing something like 1, 0, 0, 0 changes varCombo value to 1000. 1,0,1,0 changes varCombo value to 1010. Then I had a trigger that spawned the unit depending on varCombo’s value. If you ever played the game Yugioh on starcraft you’ll know what I mean. Just trying to create some custom games for people to play that aren’t CBA

1 Like