How is AOE 4 cartoony?

Where is the poll that shows most people were expecting those graphics? That’s right, there is none, you just pull “most people” out of your butt and act like it is a fact

2 Likes

It’s funny, you attack every person with an alternative opinion using childish jokes and childishness, do you really think it’s funny and you are a good satirist?
You literally behave like a child (maybe you are …), when they tell you about serious and smart things, you give out a childish reaction, probably if you are brought to an art gallery of modern art, you will spit in pictures there, because they you do not like it and it will be objective for you. I will repeat myself for the last time, you cannot paint a picture that will be equally beautiful for everyone, and the style of the picture is not its problem, it is the subjective view of the person who looks at this picture.
You also call people pretentious talkers who say nonsensical things, maybe you just do not understand the things that these people are saying?

2 Likes

Here are the results so far.

3 Likes

For those interested in voting

You use a whole lot of empty talk to basically tell me what @BossPaprika1647 managed to formulate much shorter:

That is the talk of two spineless children who like something and don’t want it critizised. Nothing more. And repeating those statements doesn’t make them any more true. You basically tell me to go f myself in many different ways. Which is fine, I don’t mind. But it is not a substancial discussion.

It’s useless, but that’s what most forum talk these days has come down to. But go on and have fun smelling each others farts.

1 Like

Like I said, they pulled “most” out of their butt. Not even 30%…

4 Likes

People that keep complaining about a game they aren’t even going to get feels more childish to me.
Imagine constantly going to the forntire forums to whine about their graphic style when you don’t even play it. Im sorry dude but that is a lost battle to begin with.

4 Likes

Look at what an adult and intelligent young man. His words literally destroy his opponents.
Continue to disgrace yousalfe further.

3 Likes

Most player are actually fine with the graphics

7 Likes

Um, no. Most people think they can be better, which is why a graphics DLC would solve everyone’s problems

If you don’t bring us the lowest resolution you could find of the images I would argue they have the same readability.

I didn’t intentionally go out to look for the worst AoE4 image I could find. There are just not a lot of videos of the game in general, then there are not a lot of videos of a lot of units fighting each other, especially not a in a real scenario. Show me a picture of 1000 units standing on top of each other like in the 2nd pictures you brought us from Spellforce and I bet you the readability isn’t even 1% better.

I urge you to give us a picture of an AoE4 blob that are better than mine, I really do want to understand what it is you can so easily read in AoE4’s blobs thanks to the models looking they way they do. can you read how many units are in that blob? can you read what type? can you read which is fighting which?

Remember, it’s you people who claimed that thanks to the visual style we can now read the blobs. I never claimed it was easy in Spellforce 3, I only claimed I cant see the improvement.

This is of course all ignoring the most important fact - we are comparing glamour shots with no UI, but the only people who care about readability are pro players, and they play a game like this (with lower settings) -

Put always-on health bars on an AoE4 blob (or Spellforce 3 blob) and you can’t read anything without additional information from the UI.

Non pro players, which are like 90% of the player base, do they care more about readability or visual fidelity? Assuming they probably couldn’t even tell you what" readability" means my money is on that they care more about visual fidelity.

Regarding my specs, i5-7400, GTX 1050 ti, 16GB 2666 Mhz

2 Likes

Yeh, it was a better version than the one in AOE II DE but tbh it’s not that far off. Look at these

Still far better than AOE IV.

Uhm, the fact you have written the same thing over and over to many people might give you an indication that it is you who is struggling in accepting a popular opinion? As much as everyone here is giving their opinions, they are also customers spending from $90+ on this game. Nobody sane wants to put so much money and not want it the best it can be. It’s hard to digest your attempts at keeping a low standard of the game, especially since it is worse than its competitors the way it is.

Yes coz God forbid someone tries to make a game better than their competitors :scream:

Uh no. It literally is better. You can literally see and make out the material in the building that it is attempting to mimic. The tiled roof with the wooden or rice paper walls on top of a stony foundation.

Looks somewhat like this

But wtf is this? Can you even tell what material any of this is?

It looks nothing like actual chinese buildings

It’s just a multi coloured cube with terrible lighting and detail.

Because it’s a competitor and I am an AOE fan and therefore I don’t want competitors to be better than AOE? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I know it seems like a weird logic to you to give people a beta tag in order to improve the game. It seems they gave you the beta tag to defend their terrible decisions. A waste of beta space if you ask me.

People don’t want RTS or AOE to die out because their competitors are better. But you are more after sabotaging the whole thing by saying awe should just go to the competitors instead

Man anyone better could have been a beta player instead. This is the guy where his friend is walking off a cliff and he’d be like “CLOSE YOUR EYES AND KEEP WALKING! IGNORE THE HATERS TRYINA STOP YOU, YOU’RE FINEEE”

4 Likes

The fact that I write the same thing to different people means that they do not read posts that have already said everything they need to.
If up to this point I wanted to convey some thoughts to people, now I’m just tired of doing it, it doesn’t make sense if a person just doesn’t listen.

$ 90? Of course I understand everything, but this is too much.
The prices have been said many times, games are not a basic necessity, they are luxury and leisure, like a cinema or theater, the state or other organizations are not obliged to provide you with access to it.

My attempts are to explain to people what they are wrong or wrong about. Most of the complaints just don’t make sense, there are much more interesting and important topics like scale, interface, additional graphics settings, discussion of the game’s design solution is simply pointless, especially now.
Please, no one is forcing you to buy the game, do not make it a universal tragedy.

I wonder where TW competes with the classic RTS, but it seems to me that we will not know the answer to this question.

Lmao you can’t come into a beta expecting them to change all the visuals of the game for solely your feedback. You do also know there are tons of other things beta testers can do besides argue on aesthetics? What if they already like the visuals? What if they spent most of their time reporting glitches/balancing?

If you think the only way to help is arguing about visual preference you’re deluded.

Are you just asking for a retexture? Higher res materials?

Are we looking at the same building? I can easily understand what this thing is built out of. You aren’t pointing to something everyone will agree with you on. “literally better” is actually a subjective statement.

1 Like

Hmm, you might be looking for the wrong game genre then? Looks like you would prefer a first person RPG style game maybe?

When you see articles like this It Means that AOE4 would probably not what people are waiting for.

I said many Times that AOE4 would have been the new standard for RTS, setting new quality graphic and more.
It seems at the opposite that the new standard Will be Company of Heroes 3.

I played alpha and this game perfectly combines world strategic Map with RTS skirmish and Mission. All mixed with superb graphic and animations.

Image of Montecassino in the game

4 Likes

The fact that you have the feeling of some righteous duty to prove people’s OPINIONS of a game wrong is a concern on itself. Rather than a “oh you didn’t like the graphics? I thought it was fine” type discussion, you have the sense of proving their OPINIONS wrong.

A game design is subjective because it is artwork. Some people like it, some people don’t. But the fact that you and a couple of others go through the forums and see any thread talking about graphics and feel it is your moral obligation to prove their subjective opinion of the game is WRONG and their valid subjective opinion as UNNECESSARY” is just weird. I’m pretty sure AOE ddidnt give you beta tags to police other people’s opinions.

No one is going into forums where people say “graphics are fine” and going gung ho on them for saying that. But sure is happening a lot from the other side for God knows what reason.

4 Likes

Um actually they do. Almost every single graphics appreciation thread has people going in saying, no, they suck.

Because the poor people are so persecuted, HEAVEN FORBID

1 Like

Yeah, no one should be made to look like trash for giving their ideas on the game, which is literally why every single person here signed up to be an AOE insider. Do you go to art museums with a baton and beat every single person that critiques the art?

2 Likes