How to change the saved games folder?

Even though I installed the game on an external drive, saved games and mods are being saved on my C drive. This takes up a lot of space and I would like the option to save these in an external drive.

How do I do this?

2 Likes

Oh, yeah, you’re right… that’s kind’ve annoying. My C:\ drive is an SSD with very limited space that I try to reserve only for OS stuff. I install all my games and non-OS stuff on my D:\ drive; and did so for Steam and all its games. Why is AoE2:DE saving its games on C:? So far it’s taking up 2GB there. I see other AoE stuff decided to plant itself there, too. Not sure why AoE3:DE Beta didn’t fully delete its folders when I uninstalled it either.

None of my other Steam games do this that I’m aware of. Pretty sure all my other games, including Steam games, save them on the D:\ drive

This topic might need to be a bug report, or a request/suggestion thread in the Discussion area… but we’ll see if it gets any eyes here

“So far it’s taking up 2GB there”
Yeah, save games take up a lot of space, unfortunately.

“None of my other Steam games do this that I’m aware of. Pretty sure all my other games, including Steam games, save them on the D:\ drive”
So much this.

Maybe I’ll repost this in discussion area. It seems to be on purpose rather than a bug.

1 Like

Sure … we need a “fix” … my ssd can’t support this files too.
tkz.