How to gut Lithuanians in one move

But without blast furnace is winged hussar going to bd better then hussar with blast furnace?

1 Like

Iā€™m really unhappy my thread got deleted. Not a fan of the Lith change either. Would have preferred on the maximum attack bonus you can get via Relics if it was that broken.

2 Likes

Depends on the unitā€™s stats, and also since blast furnace is rarely a priority for cav you might have situations where both sides donā€™t have bf yet but you have winged hussar and they have normal hussar/light cav.

1 Like

Then that boils down to the problem weā€™ve had for years, how do you nerf Franks? Which is outside the pale of this patch. They were picked alot before, and will get picked alot after.

All in all, I donā€™t think this makes Lithuanians a bad civ by any means. Just hitting their late game- but again, Winged Hussars are unknown here.

Donā€™t love these Lith nerfs, but donā€™t hate them. Rather they wouldā€™ve received a wood penalty at the beginning of Dark Age.

1 Like

I am a bit confused. Where do you find the balance changes?

1 Like

Hey there- the posted changes were up for about 5 milliseconds before it was taken down. It was apparently posted in error. You can find the changes known so far on the Aoe2 sub-reddit, someone posted them there.

2 Likes

Okay, thank you. Iā€™m gonna have a look at them then.

1 Like

Oh by the way - Lithuanians relic bonus is now officially worse then Farimba in every way.
not only does it apply to fewer units, it also gives a smaller overall bonus, and it isnā€™t guaranteed and can be lost.

basically the nuts and bolts beyond the lithuanian changes is this

Cumans - archery/stables 100 wood less.
Sicilians get a new Imp UT that gives knight line +1/2 armor and start with extra stone.
Byzantines get free town patrol
Burmese howda buffed to +1/2
and there were others but iā€™m drawing a blank.

4 Likes

HC and Steppe Lancer buffed, Chinese slightly nerfed and Malians gold bonus replaced with longer lasting gold (which is imo a fairly strong early game nerf)

3 Likes

Tbh it at least doesnt cost 1100 res

1 Like

no but again - what would you rather have? +3 overall, guaranteed, and canā€™t be lost, or +2 overall and can be denied and lost?

2 Likes

I would rather have a unit that lasts almost twice as much against arrows personally

1 Like

Cmon, Admit Lithuanians are just probably onw of the worst civs with one of the worst cavalry in the game

1 Like

Liths are probably still fine tho. They will just going to be slightly below average I imagine

3 Likes

No, basically being obligated to go for relics is just a bad design

4 Likes

Well itā€™s hard to say. Letā€™s not forget relics are a solid goldincome so its not like you only play for them for this bonus.

But overall i donā€™t like this as well. I like this bonus a lotā€¦it wasnā€™t for free yet it was rewarding when u fight for itā€¦and it wasnā€™t op because your opponent could always try to get the relics for himself.

1 Like

so go with franks and have a unit that lasts even longer against arrow fire, has a better economy, and can pump those paladins out faster.
also you could just go sicilians and have.
Cavalier with 6 MA, 8 PA, insane conversion resistance, and takes a total of 20 damage an attack from halbs.

2 Likes

That was already what Lithuanians were so I dont think this changes it much

1 Like

Yeah those sound sweet, sadly the civ will probably still suck early game

1 Like

We need this post with much more responses so the change could be reverted in the future,

1 Like