How to gut Lithuanians in one move

but now its not just obligated. your opponents can now grab relics and laugh at your imp age. whereas before if you got a good 3/2 you had a strong imp, now you have a laughable imp.

1 Like

Sorry, that is not happening. Better to adapt to the upcoming patch, and if Lithuanians play out as you say, pray they receive a buff.

1 Like

what i see happening is Lithuanians now all inning in castle age.

2 Likes

Your imp will still be still be solid (not amazing, just pretty good), this is just exagerating honestly.

Tbh I would rather have them get +1 attack on cavalry each age (or revert the BF removal and replace the relic bonus with a plain +1 attack starting at castle age) but I think the civ will do fine enough to not be in huge need of a buff. The problem is just mixed maps.

2 Likes

There’s now way to convince people of that, as much as their beloved Frankish paladins exists to spam elsewhere yeah, you can give them examples, stats, etc. Can you even remember a pro complaining of the bonus?

And who knows if it can be reverted, the Kipchak nerf of less arrows was reverted so.
PFF to play Boring Franks at TGs?

1 Like

both Franks and Teutons will have similar Paladins, with both having better economies. and non deniable bonuses.
meanwhile Lithuanian Siege is also inferior to both.

4 Likes

Yes, but neither of them have knights as good as Liths on castle age and have fairly weak trash. Its still not as good as the other civs but its not that terrible

1 Like

weak trash doesn’t matter in team games. furthermore Franks have the ultimate trash killer unit. the TA.

but the thing is - the civ didn’t need to be nerfed this far.
look at what they did with franks - some minor nerfs to contain them some.
Lithuanians? gotta hatchet that civ.

1 Like

I see where you are coming from in your arguments, but let’s not forget how strong their skirms and halberdiers are.

And yes, their halbs are losing blast furnace, but most of their damage is bonus anyway. They still move faster and have more pierce armor.

A Lithuanian player would still go cavalry in castle and make the switch to Leitis in imperial.

Lithuanians are still one of, if not the best dark age civs. They have strong trash in feudal and castle and there is no reason they can’t, all things being equal, grab 2 or 3 relics minimum.

I don’t know, maybe losing blast furnace really sucks but I just don’t see the sky falling with this.

1 Like

pure defensive options that aren’t going to win you the game, and won’t see team game play.

no, they have normal pierce armor of 4 total.

leitis? in team game? you got to be kidding me.

but 2 or 3 relics only is going to make for a terrible imperial. and they already have a weak early castle age.

And being just 19 attack paladins, how, whats’that clownery :clown_face:

Theres really no other way, the inclusion of winged hussar (no gold cost) implies the need to nerf the knight line.

2 Likes

Exactly, Lithuanians mustn’t get Winged Hussar, even for balance

which is why adding the winged hussar to them was dumb.

Yeah we come to the question if historically accept the winged hussar or keep them as they are, I dont know lithuanian history, but I would rather keep winged hussar exclusively to Polish, but I am ignorant of lithuanian history

If these changes will get pushed through that’s not too bad. They still have excellent trash, we still don’t know how good the winged hussar is, but according to the Poles description they are “medium cavalry”. Also the Leitis will be a great 1v1 option. I don’t think that the now +2 paladins in team games is bad.
Taking into consideration that balance is mainly aimed at 1v1 scenarios where this is a good nerf.
And let’s be honest. When are you getting blast furnace anyway lol

2 Likes

I forgot they don’t get the final infantry armor, point taken.

Leitis used to be very popular in team games when they were first released. They may be more weak to pierce damage now but they are a solid unit.

Maybe people will finally learn the value of Hill Forts too.

Lithuanians have a lot to offer- even after this nerf.

2 Likes

I agree its not too bad, but lithuanian players WILL have to get relics now to get regular paladins ( 2 relics)

the problem i have is its now objectively worse then farimba in all regards except 2. farimba costs 1100 resources and isn’t available until imperial age.
but farimba applies to more units.
farimba is permanent and can’t be denied.
farimba also gives a bigger bonus.

3 Likes

Malians will be very interesting too now, and Cumans will be really really interesting, excited to play them, Steppe lance with the ratio fire to 2.0 will be good