How to stop the AI from resigning?

Thanks! Please consider adding a confirmation in chat that the AIs heard our 104 pleas, as it would be helpful, if possible, too. Otherwise, it just feels like you hit 104 and it goes into the void. You wait until end of game to find out if they actually received the message/worked. (I gave an idea on this long ago in one of the threads, and can try to find it, if it’d help.)

I’m curious, should 104 work even if you are just targeting chats to your Allies, or do you need to enable chats to ‘Everyone’ or ‘Enemies’ before doing it? Also, should it work from the normal in-game chat box, or do you have to hit the trumpet icon, choose AI Commands, and do it from there? It’s never been clear to me. Obviously, best case scenario would be to have it work without having to specify ‘Everyone’ and without going into AI Commands. But if no changes are made to ‘how’ to do it, I just want to know how devs designed it to work… i.e., what should make it work 100% of the time

• Knowing this would help us know we’re doing it right, to correctly report bugs with it if it ever fails

EDIT #1: Based on your post long ago, it seems at least transmitting to ‘Everyone’ may be needed. But it’d be awesome to know if this is still the case; and if using “AI Commands” area is truly a requirement, too.

EDIT #2: And I found my idea where after doing 104 the player would receive confirmation chats to show which AI (i.e., all of them, unless player specifies otherwise) have received the message to not resign. (And if 105 is used, it shows confirmation which AI can resign again.) This way, it gives confirmation (albeit, superficially, until the bug is fixed) that our 104/105 chats didn’t go into a void.

2 Likes