Age of Empires II building and AI

You like building limitations like was done in AoE3? I can’t tell from how you worded things,as you said you “really like that game” (AoE3??) after saying you like building a bunch of towers/structures.

To me, it seems odd and I can’t fathom anyone wanting build limits, so I wanted clarification. If you prefer AoE3’s way with limitations, I wonder why?

Try hitting “104” and see if that stops them. You may need to do it via “AI Commands” in the chat window access via the trumpet icon; and make sure “Everyone” is the audience for your “104” chat first.

• Note: I actually don’t know what the exact method needs to be, but I asked devs over in a different thread here.

Here are a few main threads about this topic, with recent activity because it seems “104” isn’t working 100% reliably these days… and it’s had a checkered past in terms of success rate:

Somewhat limited, but kind of not really because at the Market you can keep buying stone with gold forever.

I’ve played games vs. AI where I’ve bought so much stone the cost of it was off-the-charts expensive. IIRC, it visually caps the price for stone in the Market UI icon at “9999”. (At least it did in AoE2:HD. I haven’t tried to buy so much of any one resource in DE yet.)

• Or maybe it was “99,999”?. Either way, you can make it really expensive and keep buying it, although the price reaches a max at some point, at least visually :slight_smile: (I’m not sure if it was actually getting more expensive than 9,999 or not. Visually in the icon, though, there was a max. There is a max value that gets displayed for the collected resources at the top of the screen, too; at least in HD :slight_smile: )

With this, I’ve made tons of castles, tons of wonders, tons of walls, and tons of towers in any one match.

For AoE2:DE, “104” is the command to use, not “105”.

• 104 tells AIs not to resign
  • 105 tells AIs it is okay to resign

AoE2:HD had different commands for this. I think it was “100” and “101”, respectively; but don’t quote me.