HRE Bugs

I made the build order, so far I can beat people within 20mins of the game with the HRE. I hope they fix these issues to make my games a bit easier: HRE Build Order

That’s all the HRE offers. A few early game strats that can be strong. But the higher you get, the less successful they’ll become. Simply for the fact that the HRE lacks uniqueness, strengths, mechanics, options and is very buggy in comparison to other civs. The civ is still in the beta. Just like various parts of the game as well. And this thread is not about “how can we win with the HRE”, but about what is not right with this civ. You can win with them. The other civs just are better in somewhat everything. The HRE is a one trick pony and not even in a sublime way.

I personally prefer Chapel and Cathedral gameplay. I am not a fan of Meinwerk and neither of the Burgrave Palace. Both landmarks are only good for early game and attacking and become worse with the progressing of the match. I don’t want to play this civ like that. But then I notice that it barely offers anything else that is viable. It’s the one civ that says “Religion” and it is in that regard inferior to Rus by a longshot, to Dehli and to Abbasids as well, because their ■■■■ actually works and doesn’t have tedious and underpowered mechanics. And the unique techs are also quite underwhelming for the HRE. Just like the Landsknecht. I don’t wanna repeat myself too often. All what is wrong with the civ is listed in this and other threads already.

1 Like

The preliminary patch notes do not include the fix of the spearmen brace for HRE and Delhi. I hope it’ll be included nonetheless. HRE and Delhi are not really playable and feel terrible because of it. I will celebrate the day on which the HRE is bug free and fun to play with useful techs and mechanics. HRE is the one trick pony right now that offers nothing but one and the same gameplan approach.