Huaraca attack increase does not show in the UI

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: Current one (10/28/2020)
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing… When I task villagers to the community plaza for the attack ceremony, Huaraca ranged attack remains at 40 siege damage, no matter how many vills are working. It’s melee damage is updated with the buff, however the ranged remains the same in the UI. When you shot a target, you realize their ranged attack is indeed increased, despite what appears in the UI.
I haven’t tested this with other Native units that have siege damage for their ranged attack, but this issue could maybe affect units like Arsonists (native trading post) and Arrow Knights (aztecs).

It’s a small issue that shouldn’t really be a priority but would be nice to see being fixed.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Chose Inca and go to the fortress age
  2. Build a community plaza and train Huaracas
  3. Set the community plaza to attack ceremony and vary the amount of villagers working on it.
  4. Attack a UI target or villager and see the disparity of damage shown in the UI vs Damage attributed to the target

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

UI should display the correct ranged attack value 40 siege dmg +attack ceremony bonus

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

UI shows ranged attack as 40 siege dmg

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

• not necessary

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

• not necessary
1 Like

Can confirm this is still happening to Huaracas. Ranged attack displays the same damage even when community plaza is set to War Ceremony.

1 Like

Thats not a bug. War song doesnt affect siege attack. This means that you dont need it to take down buildings and units with only siege attack like canons, mortars, rams or huaracas arent affected by this dance.
Edit: for that purpouse there is a fire dance for lakotas

2 Likes

I get what you are saying and I see why siege attack wont be affected. I thought perhaps it might be an oversight from the devs since huaracas are a unique unit due to its ranged attack classified as siege attack.

E.g.

Aztec Arrow Knight
Ranged ATT (only attacks units). 10 ranged damage - is affected by War Ceremony
Siege ATT (only attacks buildings). 36 siege damage - is not affected by War Ceremony

Inca Huaraca
Ranged ATT (only attacks units). 40 siege damage - is not affected by War Ceremony
Siege ATT (only attacks buildings). 46 siege damage - is not affected by War Ceremony

War Ceremony increases the melee and ranged attack of all units. Should Huaracas’s ranged ATT (not Siege ATT) be affected by War Ceremony since its technically a ranged ATT? I also don’t think there is any other native unit like the huaraca which is why I think this might be an oversight.

1 Like