[Hub] Civilization Concepts

@TheConqueror753

Why are Mapuche in North América and South América?

Andalusia not added in European civ hub?

Asia? I mean if the categories are already named after continents these civs clearly belong to asia.

Thanks for the summary, and glad to see my name listed there

I’m really intrigued about what those names are. I’d probably call this region the Middle East and Central Asia, although I guess you might prefer Western and Central Asia. Are those names politically incorrect?

I have posted ideas for both the Polynesians and the Micronesians. Are you planning on adding an Oceania section?

I had some other projects today but I will add the newest civ concepts later.
(I also want to read the concepts before and I somehow got a civ overload on saturday this way 11)

Why are the Dutch classified as ending in 1400 lol?

This thread is great @ TheConqueror753
Awesome idea @ casusincorrabil
Imo this thread should be pinned.

Their own page would be better.

I have also done a Georgians concept. Is it going to be added to this wiki?

@casusincorrabil, requesting evaluation of some of the most recent civ suggestions. @IkoKnight8151, can this be pinned?

1 Like

Shouldn’t it be Thai?

As a linguistic and historical term, ‘Tai’ refers to a branch of the Tai-Kadai family, while ‘Thai’ refers specifically to the language of Thailand.

Please correct me historians.

I actually don’t know, I used the civ concept description. I’m not to judge the spelling mistakes of the proposers.
But ofc if it’s wrong it should be changed both here and in their threads.

I’m on it now. I think I will make it on a weekly basis every saturday.

I also wanted to wait if others begin editing themselves a bit. I mean I have no problems doing it basically on myself, but as it is a wiki everybody can edit it ofc.

I changed the name of Fertile Crescent to “Central Eurasia + Arabia”. I think this is kinda political correct. Thanks for all the people who discussed it here.

I still don’t know what to do with the "out of timeframe thing and what civs are actually in that category.

edit: @Apocalypso4826 could you please merge or decide upon which you prefer regarding your two different armenia concepts?

edit2: Is it actual now?

If you want to insert your own civ concept you can use this:

|[]()|@| AD|:paintbrush: :open_book: :horse_racing: :gear: :exclamation:||

Insert it at the right position (alphabetical order for the most part except multi-civs, where I just added new always on bottom.
in the [] brackets comes the name of the civ, in the () brackets the link, behind @ the nick, before the AD the estimated time period. Then delete all of the emojis that don’t fit the thread.

Isn’t complicated imo. Just please be honest with what your thread actually contents, otherwise I will be angry with you :fist_left: :fist_left: :fist_left:

I don’t have two. I only have one.

1 Like

Oh, I forgot I posted the idea last year. Didn’t know that until clicking the link. My bad.

I would prefer the newer one, as it is more up-to-date and detailed.

My Georgians concept contains one piece of artwork and makes reference to campaign and scenario ideas without going too in-depth about them. Would that be enough to get the icons for those things listed in the entry?

If I ever finish or redo my Caucasian architecture set sketch, I may add the scan to my Armenians and Georgians post.

My classification is subjective. But yeah if I read something but were of the opinion it’s not “enough” in comparison to other threads that got that emoji i left it out.
Remember, the thread is also to encourage civ designers to challenge themselves a bit to make more “rounded” civ proposals. It’s only in your own interest that you don’t get that emoji too “easy”.
But if you think you have enough that your thread deserves the emoji you can always add it in, I won’t remove it unless it’s totally out of discussion.

Nice, like to see it in then :).

Ok I take the old one out then.

Now that i can do this, i Will work on Swedes civ. Here Is a general idea and a couple of bonuses.

Swedes

Gunpowder civ.

• Fortifications: Cost less wood, Stone Walls cost 10 wood. (From Finns)

• Gunpowder units +5 attack vs Cavalry

Either this second bonus could be changed.

1 Like

If they cost wood how can you call them stone walls?