Huge lags after the new patch

the game still bug even after the hotfix

This thread is about freezing every x amount of time. Crashes are different and you should report those together with system files if you want them them to know what happened.

The lagging in team games you talked about is likely someone with a potato pc thatc caused it. For another time, you can see it next to the names on the right bottom. When the icon is yellow or red someone is lagging the game because of a slow computer or internet

Can you describe what is bugging?

it lags in 1v1 too, some time i lose around 1 or 2 seconds of the game because the game is late on my opponent, so itā€™s accelerated to be in the same moment, but when it accelerates i can do any action. Sorry Iā€™m not sure if my English is good enough to explain it well.

i was playing a lot before the hotpatch and it never happen before

Iā€™m not sure if what you are describing is what is talked.about in this thread. Iā€™ve played a hand full of team games since the hotfix and havenā€™t had any problems. If your issue isnā€™t like what it was before the patch, you might want to create a new bug report and explain what happens. (You can include a video which would make it a lot more clear)

Simply unplayable. Just another game which freezed and dropped because it couldnt connect to server midgame. Internet is fine (50mbps connection and no drops in ping).

I can confirm this is NOT true. had test some mock battles with a friend (both with good spec, 8 cores 4.5ghz, GPUs within last 2-3 years) in 1vs1 and at 120 vs 120 units army game lags like crazy. the worst part is, sometimes game return to normal after certain number of units die which is fine, but half the time it doesnā€™t return to normal and continue to lag even when all armies are dead with only 5 villagers and few buildings on each side for the 1vs1 we tested.

this is a serious problem here if game cannot recover itā€™ll lag even against AI randomly after sometimes 1-2 hrs of gaming. ridiculous.

1 Like

Hi,

after the new patch, I still have a huge lags. When I am starting the game, it writes to me:
ā€œAge of Empires II: Definitive Edition minimum specification recommends at least 2GB of dedicated VRAM. This computer does not meet that requirement.ā€ - My PC has a 6GB RAM.
The lags are terrible, I think that my FPS is about 3-5 frames per second - without joking. I have a good internet, before the new patch, I played the AOE 2 DE without any problems. In my opinion, there should be a rollback of this patch. This patch makes more harm than good.

Regards

Ondřej Gelnar

do you have iGPU? maybe somehow game is trying to use integrated graphics instead of dGPU for some reason.

Wasnt having any issues until the last patch, is there any word on when this will be hotfixed?

2 Likes

No, I dont have iGPU - I have a standard grafic card (NVIDIA GeForce GT640M LE with 1 GB own memory type DDR5 for processed data. I dont know, what I can doā€¦ Is there any chance to hotfix my problem?

Unfortunately still experiencing this issue more than everā€¦ any help would be appreciated

1 Like

I am also getting this issue. I have specs that exceed the recommended requirements, yet even on low settings I get these annoying stutters/freezes. It is a lot more common near the start of a playing session, but happens all the time at random intervals: it happens on single player, multiplayer, tutorials, dark age, imperial age, it is always happening! This is playable, but as a new player it is really discouraging, especially when the game freezes at a pivotal moment in a match.

2 Likes

even playing against AI lags, this is talking about multiplayer mode but with me being the only human player while rest are AI. itā€™ll still lag and rubber band

Iā€™m not sure when exactly it started, but within the past week or two my game has been having some serious problems with small stuttersā€”about one two every secondā€”regardless of graphics settings, and even on the main menu. It wasnā€™t happening before, and even after following many different optimization suggestions and moving the game to my SSD, it still hasnā€™t returned to how itā€™s been working previously. I suppose my last resort is a total reinstall, otherwise Iā€™m not sure where to go from here.

1 Like

Well there you have it. You have 1 GB if dedicated VRAM (RAM in the graphics card), the game needs 2 GB. From a quick googling it seems your card is 8 years old, so the only solution is to get a new one. 6 GB RAM is also pretty terrible these days, I doubt you can decently run any recent games at all.

1 Like

VRAM isnā€™t your RAM. VRAM is your GPUā€™s dedicated RAM and you mentioned itā€™s 1GB

1 Like

I am still having this problem though in November Game runs completely fine and smooth for around the first 30 minutes and then FPS drops to like one frame a second and then the game crashes no error message or anything just stops working Iā€™ve done everything I could find on every forum Iā€™ve turned on and off the vsink I have also turned on and off 3-D water settings hell Iā€™ve turned on and off every graphic setting there is and Iā€™m running a very good pc. I also ran task manager during my last play session and right around when it started to crash my memory and CPU weā€™re both below 50% so I donā€™t think that was it for me either I have no idea why your game lags like this for me I literally donā€™t have this problem with anything else I ever play in case it needs to be clarified again this happens on single player not just multiplayer and Iā€™m on steam

2 Likes

what is the spec of your computer?

seems like after hotfix, this game do wonders for most players with good hardware and the reverse for people with lower end hardware.

1 Like

Amazon.com: ROG G703GX Desktop Replacement Gaming Laptop, GeForce RTX 2080, Intel Core i7-8750H Processor, 17.3ā€ Full HD 144Hz 3ms G-SYNC, 16GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD + 1TB SSHD, RGB, Windows 10 Pro - G703GX-XS71: Computers & Accessories