I am banned for 7 days because I tower rush? I think I should quit this BS game

I recently started to do tower rush on TG. I usually pick a tower civ, Incas, Koreans, Teutons.

What I do is go tower the opponent flank and pocket, and I do this to let my pocket boom and save me later. Sometimes successful sometimes fail. Similar to what lyx does for team WWP.

Naturally I would lose quite some vills and be on low eco and low score. Seems opponent is annoyed by this strat and report me together? Once my teammate also reported me after one game my tower rush failed to do enough damage and they say I am trolling or not playing properly? like WTF. every strat wins and loses sometimes. tower rush is no exception.

this is a legit strat. I like this strat I want to try it. People just hate me for doing a legit strat and report me. Maybe I should play meta every game, doing knight xbow. I am bored of that, maybe I should quit aoe2 now.

There is one game where I banned arena and I still got arena, and I instantly quit. idk if this is also part of the reason. But this is clearly bug, not my fault. banned arena means I refuse to play that map. If I still get it I should be allowed to quit. Every arena game is just turk vs turk. Is that how to play aoe2? It is also really annoying that if I ban arena I can still get fortress, but I dont get a second map ban.

13 Likes

btw ban arena still get arena, this problem has been talked about before in forum but the devs doesnt fix this bug.

6 Likes

Perhaps learn a more varied style of play?

3 Likes

i have played thousands of games over the years. I played all maps and all strats. just recently started to tower rush every game. and got banned in 3 days. 11

4 Likes

Are you sure you didnt get banned forsomething else? Like answering in a rude way people complaining about your playstyle?

15 Likes

I didn’t even talk back. Not asingle word. Opponent just flame me, and say please report him. People do report others for a strat. They were a whole team maybe don’t want to get tower rushed or can’t use their planned strat because of my towers. Even when teammate played badly they could report for that.

I even had one game on BF ranked where the other flank played badly and lost, his pocket said: you walled with no army follow up? What a noob. Report him etc.

Generally team game players on ladder are much more BM and toxic. Especially at lower level. I am at 1300+ and always see people use taunt to flame opponent etc. 1v1 people are much nicer when I tower rush and vill fight, even drop a castle in the middle of his farms, he still says ggwpwp.

4 Likes

Mind to drop your aoe2insights profile or some replays so we can double check? ^^

9 Likes

If you quit a game before 5 minutes, the system will time you out by ever increasing durations. So if you’ve been quitting games regularly, that’s probably why.

10 Likes

This seems weird. Based on the threads reporting smurfs, lamers as potential map hack cheaters etc, they might have assumed you’re a cheater because you somehow “knew” they were on a particular wood or gold, even though its just common sense. Maybe there are actually a bunch of cheaters who do something like that, your opponents faced such guys, found out about them and assumed you were one as well because you did something similar - like place a tower just after the pocket went on gold. Another possibility is they are very low elo players who only know the meta concepts and because you did something different, assumed you were a smurf. All of this makes sense from enemy’s reports. Not sure why your teammate report. Maybe he thought you’re an elo trader or something. Anyways next time when you do this strategy, use the in-game chat to let your allies know that you’re going to do this.

4 Likes

you must be banned for something else. I team killed whoever messed with me and i only got banned once for 24 hours.

sometimes the system auto unban the map for you, double check before playing

5 Likes

The stupid thing is I haven’t been banned before. If they ban me for 24 hours I won’t be so disappointed. They banned me for 168 hours for these stupid things. Just stupid game. I have removed it from my steam account. Won’t play again

2 Likes

@ausmht As said - feel free to drop replays to double check as I doubt you get banned for a standard tactic as Trushing :slight_smile:

9 Likes

btw you can tower rush in arena

1 Like

It is not one game. I just git suddenly banned idk which game is the one theyvreported me

2 Likes

I do that sometimes. But i ban arena mostly because it’s full of turks picks

2 Likes

I think you maybe reported by premade team. Maybe you can share you aoe2 insight ID so that we can check which premade team do this bad thing to you?

2 Likes

If you feel like you were unrightfully banned, you can submit a ticket to the Support

Apart from that, I second HeBro’s suggestion - feel free to drop your aoe2insights ID.

6 Likes

It is fine i don’t care anymore because i already uninstalled the game. Thanks anyway. xD

3 Likes

Sounds like a troll tbh…

6 Likes

Most people only need to be burned once to drop a game.

3 Likes