I am banned for 7 days because I tower rush? I think I should quit this BS game

yeah since you refuse to do what he is asking i bet u are full of crap. Probably dodged far too many games or did not behave after all. Even if u quit the game u could proof the truth so people dont get baned for playing strats.

nice troll

6 Likes

Don’t need to be so mad, this is quite common in most of the online games. The system will auto ban you as soon as you received enough reports no matter what.
Just family share with a new account, it is totally free and easy. problem solved.

3 Likes

There are two systems:

1. If you drop before 5 ingame minutes, then you will get progressively longer time penalties, starting from just a few minutes at the beginning to days of you do it regularly.

2. People can report you. You can be banned as well because of these reports. It seems like this is automated as well. So you can get banned for reported a lot of times, while doing nothing wrong. This also happens to me once, also for no reason. The game was quit unstable for me for a certain patch, so i got dropped a lot by the game. Seems like players reported me for the failure of the game. This resulted in an auto ban from the system because of some reports. How do i know this for sure? I have contacted the devs and they told me. It was an auto ban. The reason was dropping (which was caused by the game). And devs made clear it was a decision by the system, not by then. Since the devs told me, i am pretty sure it works like this.

So yeah, if you play off meta in a style some do not like and you get reported for trolling, then you can get auto banned if you get enough reports. To me that doesnt really make any sense to ban banned because of false positive reports. Playing off meta isnt trolling.

4 Likes

Based on OP’s behaviour in this thread and reluctance to share his profile, I think we can safely assume he is either toxic, a lamer boy or a rage quitter. Definitely a rage quitter since he’s even rage quitting the game by uninstalling. Clearly playing the victim and only telling us part of the story.

10 Likes

actions/complaints need to be audited, before ban is imposed.
it is stupid to ban without a proper audit.

if they dont have resources to monitor and audit, then need not place a ban.

2 Likes

I was banned on all family share account. I even bought the game again on one of those account, still banned. And I was never banned before. First time. That’s why I decide to not play this game anymore.

2 Likes

I have to say, I experienced a lot of drops and crashes recently. I created a bug-report in this forum with no response from anyone. I stopped playing week ago when this happened another time and I saw I am banned from in game chat. What the hell? From what? This is April fool joke or what?

I reported that, I am waiting form any response, but me experience tell me I will be waiting for nothing.

3 Likes

best- everyone stop playing

let them make the game for themselves and then ban themselves

2 Likes

I am very interested in your aoe2insights ID now because I have never seen or heard something like this.
There is only one possibility I can think of is that you got banned by steam for refund or VAC, so they denied your family sharing.
Microsoft will not track and ban all of your family share accounts even if you did all dirty things in game unless you broke the law in real life.

I think you are just trolling us here according to what you described.

3 Likes

My game name is Inca Enjoyer. You can check. I played thousands of games from 2019. Never banned. I recently only play 1v1 but I occasionally play team and got reported by them. I guess 1v1 is better you won’t be reported randomly once opponent is not happy. Im not trolling I legit removed aoe2 from my steam and won’t play it again. I spent 5000 hours playing aoe2 in total in my life. I guess it’s enough. I even registered a new steam account, and family shared from the existing one, and open aoe2 for the first time on NEW steam account, it is still banned. Then I bought aoe2 again, removed family share on that NEW account, still banned.

It shows aoe2 server does track family share account, or track PC, or track IP address, idk which one they actually track, but once I am banned I can’t play on this PC or on this IP address, no matter what account I use. It is stupid.

2 Likes

I just find it hilarious about people who get their knickers in a twist over a computer game
 and this comes from someone who loves computer games. Like get a life.

2 Likes

Ok, now it’s clear why you got banned, because you’re a massive smurf. Deliberately tanking your ELO down to nearly zero so you can stomp noobs. You’re lucky you only got 7 days.

13 Likes

I agree that this looks bad.
That’s probably not the reason for the ban though as this was 1.5 years ago.

3 Likes

Not really sure if it is fair to ban someone for something done 1.5 years ago. So that is probably not the reason.

Still, such profile looks phishy. Probably something happens recently.

4 Likes

Yes clearly you have been reported and banned. I check a few of your games and find that your teammate have a clear intention to report you. One of them even want you to die. Here is one of your game.

5 Likes

Here is another one-minute game for easy reference. I hope that you will be un-ban soon and let’s enjoy the game together afterward

2 Likes

Am I missing something?
Threatening or intentionally early resigning TGs bec of not liking the map is in my eyes toxic.
And when it happens repeatedly it deserves a ban.
Should it be 7 days? dk

But now claiming it would only be bec of the “strategic choice” when it’s actually because of stuff happening with tthe teammates is clearly at least as toxic as doing that weird passive-agressive stuff in the first place.

If you’re in a team you must have a bit more respect for your teammates. Don’t screw up the experience of your entire team just because something doesn’t goes the way you want it too. If you can’t get ahold of yourself in that way, don’t play TGs.

8 Likes

That is definitely the reason, getting banned for tower rushing would make no sense, but early quitting is a bannable offence, since it basically wastes everyone’s time

Are you sure you banned Arena in the Team Games tab? maybe you are banning it just in the singleplayer one

Edit: I read the entire thread now, yeah, complaining about the map (Fortress, which you didn’t ban) and saying you’ll quit will get you reported, rightfully so, you are wasting everyone’s time because you don’t like a particular map

If you don’t like to play the maps in ranked just don’t play ranked and stop wasting people’s time, sorry, but that’s just how it is, you were banned for a good reason. And I didn’t even mention the smurfing (even if it wasn’t recent)

10 Likes

what is actually meant by wasting time here?

its a game , no benefit is going to be achieved even if you win?

let’s say he is a smurf - so, how is the ban justified?

a bunch of players can gang up on you and report you - you get banned, is that fair?

Ban should only be in place for cheats or game hacks and manipulation. nothing else.

its a game:
tempers will run high
people will smurf
people will quit in 1secif they dont like the map or game mode. or, anything that is related to a game. this is purely fine - its humans playing emotions will be there. Doesnt it happen in real sport?

Also, this ban policy isnt fully transparent. each ban should be supported clearly with the reasons that caused it. Very Clearly.

Did the commercial policy cover all these reasons for a ban for paid service? i doubt this will stand well in court.

3 Likes

Yes I can’t agree with you more