I called Malta, and I'm making another call: Polynesia is coming to AOE3!

Regarding Age of Empires III; Definitive Edition;
I can’t find the Knights of Mediterranean campaigns anywhere in game. The DLC is enabled and installed, even says in game that it is enabled. I have the Steam version of the game. What can I do? Where can I find it? How to access it?

There are no campaigns for the game since 2007. Only historical battles, but I think this DLC didn’t bring any historical battles.

Historical maps are in the skirmish map pool, no historical battles in this dlc

Strange because according to the pop-up in game that tells me that the DLC is enabled, there are 2 singleplayer campaigns in this DLC, and according to the store page on steam for this DLC, there are a number of historical maps for this DLC as well…

there are 2 gamemodes, diplomacy for free for all and tycoon mode, 8 historical maps, 2 civs, italians and maltese, diplomacy and tycoon demo can be accessed without dlc also

Ok, thanks. Must have misread something somewhere, my bad…

Open your maps in skirm mode, you’ll find an option to select Historical MAps. I think these are the “campaigns” you thought the DLC had :slight_smile:

Well, India got split in AoE2.

And even without a split, the Asian civs in AoE3 are weirdly designed. Why do they get monks for explorers?

2 Likes

It is one of the strangest things about them. Fixing it also wouldn’t be that drastic of a difference.

Exactly, I wouldn’t have said it better…

Of course, Persia is the minimum, and then in America you put Tupi and Mapuche…

I see it as unlikely, since India was mostly unified by the Mughal Empire, although they could put thematic cards (example Maratha units and technologies and Mysore rockets, similar to the Congreve rockets of the British)…

1 Like