I can't find, join or create a lobby

Game Version:

• Build 101.101.34793.0 4597979
  • Platform: Steam

Issue:

Whenever I try to join over a friends invite i’m stuck in loading screen for ever, when I go into the lobbybrowser I am unable to find any lobbies. When I try to create a lobby I can open the windows in which I change name and visibility of the lobby but the button to create the lobby stays grey.

little update:
I can create a lobby when I leave the sapce for the lobbyname blank, I noticed that the field for the name was grey as well with a circle moving next to it a if the game checked the availability of the name.

Reproduction Steps:

It will be hard to reproduce this because I did not do anything (knowingly) to create this bug.

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem. It just started today.

Also have this issue. Anyone know where the AOE2:DE logs are stored for the Steam version? Unable to locate it in ProgramData as was suggested for the Store version. No other ideas on how to troubleshoot this.

Hi there! I have a couple of steps for us to try for the trouble loading and creating lobbies.

1. Double check that “Enable Crossplay” is selected in Options on the Game tab.
  2. Check if you are signed into Xbox Live. If you are not signed in, try doing so. If you are currently signed in, try signing out and then back in.

If there’s still trouble with lobbies, it would be really helpful to post a screenshot so we can look into other troubleshooting steps.

I hope this helps!

no games in list and when invited to join a friends game is hangs on joining lobby.

Thanks for the screenshot! A few other players have run into similar things and were able to clear it up by signing out and back into Xbox Live.

1. Sign out of Xbox Live by clicking the red button in the upper right corner of the main menu.
  2. Close and reopen the game.
  3. Click “Xbox Live Sign In” in the upper right corner and follow the prompts to sign in again.

Let me know if this helps or if there’s still trouble joining a lobby.

I’m having the same issue even after trying the fixes you suggested. On top of that when I accept an invitation to a private lobby it hangs on joining game screen with cycle wheel. Though friends claim I’m in the lobby, I’m still stuck on the joining screen.

Same issue currently happening.
I have found a workaround though oddly which is tethering my phone to my PC and using its internet instead of my local ethernet. Not sure why this works, I’m not a network genius.

Hope this helps as I desperately want this to work as well.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Server issues?