I can't upload mod

Hello,

I can not upload my mod via using website or ingame. It says, Incorrect File format. Only zip files containing AOE mod files accepted.

But I am sure I do not have any other files except from game’s using.

What can I do? I check all other post from here about my problem but I can’t work it out.

Thanks in advance.

Sometimes, jpg or png aren’t accepted. Remember that wav files aren’t supported either

I have aoeiide_titlevideo.wmv file and also my mod has .png files like most of the mods. whats the problem idk

Try uploading them without those. See what happens. If not, I don’t know. Maybe you’ll have to try uploading one type at a time and see what type is the one messing things up

Check your zip for a desktop.ini file or other hidden files that might have unintentionally been included.

From what I’m seeing it’s actually a bug because it’s happening to a lot of people and even to me today. I’m so angry and deluded at this game really, it’s like being in love with someone who doesn’t care about you…
What’s wrong with Devs since Ror really?
If they don’t care anymore just let others who actually love this game and happen to need money do your work.

I contacted the team but I already know it will take days, maybe weeks to fix this… And there’s a bug I found in one of my scenarios which is potentially game breaking so I wanted to fix it asap. Because I actually care for my players instead of the dev team seemingly…

At this point virtually everything that could have been bugged is bugged. It’s painful to see this game sliding lower and lower. Add a scammy DLC on top made just because people who really care about (and promote/give ideas to) this game (modders) can’t gain anything out of it.
I love the game, that’s why I hate how it’s been treated recently.

Sorry for the rant but this thing is really going nowhere at this point.

2 Likes

I checked every file. Thanks though

Well said my friend. Well said.

Yeah can’t update my mods too. it’s almost certainly a problem with the game and not with our mods.

This should be resolved now. If you continue to see publishing issues, let me know.

1 Like

Thanks for effort. But it says Incorrect File format. Only zip files containing AOE mod files accepted. again.

You’ve got a .bmp image in your zip, which isn’t allowed.

I did remove that and it worked now thanks

1 Like

I tried to download my mod via in game and it has red exclamation mark. what did I do wrong?

From what I’ve seen in the past, I think that can mean there’s something wrong with the folder structure in your zip. If you manually created the zip vs publishing from in-game, you may have included the parent folder vs just the files/folders contained within it.

C:\Users\batuh_o9twao6\Desktop\tavukciftligi.zip\tavukciftligi\resources_common
C:\Users\batuh_o9twao6\Desktop\tavukciftligi.zip\tavukciftligi\widgetui

I have this structure. do you need any other info I can provide?

Your zip includes the tavukciftligi folder, which it shouldn’t. It should just contain the contents of that folder. So when you open your zip you should see:
And not the tavukciftligi folder.

Yes I realized that while I replied to you. I am trying right now. Will let you know

It works. Thanks for your effort!

1 Like

Thank you for solving the issue promptly.

2 Likes