I don't have fun anymore

China is busted but even worse than that are the China lamers who swear they are great and you only lost to them because you can’t play. It gets very annoying.

Perhaps the Shrine has less HP and is easier to destroy.
Let the dev think. I just pointed in one direction.

For the record I don’t know why this was flagged. Seems a fair comment

It’s just that you play too few Chinese people, try to play more and you will know how flawed this civilization is.

Most civs can do it actually.
all civs can play both turtle and aggressive, depending on deck.

It’s overall rating on Steam is very positive. People who hate are a clear minority. It was a niche RTS in the old days and the DE version was never going to have aoe2 level of success.

1 Like

Dawn of war has opposite gameplay mechanics to aoe3, the only thing that matches is the construction of the base.
However, it would be fun to see players play outside their base before age 4, I would prefer even age 2.

Too bad that some civ work better than others and so why take for example a Russia to turtle instead of a Portuguese or even better than a Dutch or Italia.

Probably the reason for the drop in the level of the game is the disappearance of some good players is due to the big change of the meta as many indicate in this discussion, the meta changes too often, the game is complex it requires a lot of study time, statistical maps, are really too many native maps, treasure locations to know, too many units and too many civilizations with unique characteristics with different feasible strategies and too variable timing. Playing competitive as vanilla and tad was played in the golden years is now impossible, it would take too long to not be repaid with excellent prize pools, the classics matter to some others only care about the prize money or have fun. With all these changes many top players certainly no longer enjoyed the new meta de like the latter where I am not enjoying myself anymore and were frustrated to lose against players who probably would not have won on esoc but on de yes because some of they do not know the things I mentioned before but also because let’s face it some strains are too good compared to others and they are abused and therefore the difference in skill is parried by civilization or by the stronger strat than others. I chose aoe3 instead of aoe2 for its gameplay mechanics and its speed but now it seems to play a kind of aoe2 with every game treated 1v1 and some like this also in team. Having said that hate me, love me, flam me that nothing changes me.

2 Likes

Yes, some are better than others. But take otto for example, everyone was rushing into a few weeks back, now everyone turtles.

This is not true, I play the game on mostly high settings and it runs very smooth no issues and I don’t have an expensive computer. I have a basic gaming laptop, not some expensive gaming tower or laptop

2 Likes

a galera só que fazer farm de views com o age 2 e 4 muitos dos youtubers não liga mais pro age 3 principalmente o aussie drondgo

It is the only civilization where I was impressed how a rush and TP based city is used in turtle and revolt in almost all current cases, I think however some civilizations will have some advantages over their economy or even mass. Eight I would say scares me a lot in revolt or in an army of spahi and mamluks with bombard practicing a turtle or a fi, they become really dangerous.

I blame the tabben vs diaroga toruney game where tabben did a perfect otto revolt.

At the time it was a spectacle to see since everything lined up and was executed perfectly.

The devs tried to make that instance easier to implement but instead revolt became too op and the novelty of it wore off.

Instead of wow that was a masterclass strategy of pulling the revolt…it became oh great another gg revolt

2 Likes

It was all class and skill to make those revolt, Spain and Ottoman my favorite, imperial hussars, volunteers and guns behind. They were a real all in.

Thinking about how to make map control more decisive in early game, I made a mod which boosts trading posts at Age2 (maybe a little too much, but it’s a test):

Dude, you played Haud on your screenshots. One the best civa to rush and punish ff or fi

1 Like

And they made you moderator why again? Forgotten Empires, careful who you get your insights from

I assume that they made him a moderator because he stays active in the forum and because he is a responsible person.

I hope you are doing well with your studies and your work, when your responsibilities subside, AOE3 DE will be waiting for you. :smile:

2 Likes

Why don’t you play Ports and use the card ‘House of Barganga’. It already does essentially what you postulate. Interesting how the addition of that card alone makes Ports actually playable and not horrendously bad.