I dont like the Bulgarian Cavalier being better than the Malian one

Farimba is still pretty good ofc but I really dont like that Bulgarians get a better Cavalier with a cheaper UT from a previous age particularly when they have a UU that its practically an anti camel cavalry and they already have the best light cavalry on the game and imo a far better late game tech tree than Malians while at the same time already having a better late game heavy cav option.

Including blast furnace who is a tech Malians dont need to research it ends up being the same resources (and less gold even) without even taking into account the Bulgarian discount so Malians dont have an advantage on that level. Do Malians have good archer rush as well as bombard cannons, camels and good monks? Yes, yes they do. But at the same time when Bulgarians have soooooo many advantages over them at late game (halbardiers, better skirms, far better siege, comparable if not better militia line, the best hussars, Konniks and Kreposts) I think they should at the very least have Cavaliers that beat or are equally matched with Stirrups Cavaliers instead of inferior ones so I think the effect of Stirrups should be nerfed slightly with the Konnik having an slight buff to overcome that problem.

Anyway both civs are fine so this is more of a nitpick more than anything that really has to change to improve the balance of the civs. Tbh I have the same problem with the Vikings having one of the weakest militia line of the infantry civs despite not having that many special late game options beyond Zerks

1 Like

its perfext now i hope they make insted farimba weaker its TOO OP

2 Likes

How is it too OP? The only unit that it really makes special is the camel line and those arent even the second best camels

2 Likes

should we nerf garland wars or burmese bonuses too then?

3 Likes

to be fair their light cavalry are bloody amazing.

7 Likes

True but in all honesty I rather take the Tatar, Bulgarian or Cuman hussars instead.

Fixed this for you: You lost against Malian cavalry a time ago

4 Likes

But Malians in general are better than Bulgarians and have many options in their tech tree and better eco.

4 Likes

The Malian late game is fairly limited actually compared to the much broader Bulgarian late game tech tree

no their light cavs are insane op u even play dis game? good camels too infantrey

1 Like

yes and never lost aganst bulgarias maybe 1 time. malian farimba op

I lost against mongols and not against Vikings so that means Mongols are OP and Vikings need to be buffed

The Malian light cav isnt even as good as the Bulgarian light cav and the same goes with the Malian infantry.

THe camels arent in the top 3 best camels either

1 Like

still well rounded civ would make no sens if malians cavalry is better= bulgarias not evenhave camels

1 Like

No, they just have a cav unique unit and hussar.

1 Like

Bulgarians are far far more well rounded on late game and they have Konniks (who are a super hard to counter strong heavy cav so no need of having better cavaliers than Malians) as well as a quite a bit better light cav.

Malians literally have three options at late game (cavalry, Gbeto and Champskarls) without good support units beyond bombard cannons. Bulgarians can go for that and use an almost full siege workshop as well as having a better barracks and far better light cav and slightly better heavy cav (thanks to the Konnik). They dont even need to have a better knight line even

Idk why you are making a fixation on the Bulgarian lategame. Like I could say Malian have a better early eco and have the edge up to early imp. It’s just not that relevant to the matter at hand.

2 Likes

I just think that if Malians do only one thing well at late game they should do it better than Bulgarians who have a more open late game.

1 Like

Either way Konniks will still be better than Malian cavalier

The malian option is cheaper once you consider that Bulgarians need to get both blast furnace and hussar (825 gold) and honestly I don’t mind the higher cost resulting in a more efficient unit. The comparison only works in the 1v1 anyway.

2 Likes

You cant forget that if you needed to you can support with crossbow. Your siege isnt that bad and the infantry champions are better then the THS.

1 Like