I feel like a crime has been committed - broken game (chat issue)

It’s been months since Microsoft broke the game I gave them $20 in good faith for. I expected the game to work at least as well as the 1997 version did, but no… this is a cripped broken mess. It’s like Microsoft lured me into a dark alley, stabbed me, stole $20 and left me for dead. How do we file a class action lawsuit that they apparently stopped supporting this broken game so soon after release? I genuinely feel like I deserve my $20 back.

They have apparently abandoned trying to fix the chat issue where it freezes and crashes the game, and no one responds.

2 Likes

This has been reported.

you can add and change language to english on windows setting, after in game, you can reeback.

I agree,
There is no answer by anyone responsible in the developing of the game telling us: Hey, We are sorry we had this problem we are working on solving it. It’s like they are trying to hidde information.
It’s annoying and frustrating

1 Like

I totally feel your pain. I love this game and I can deal with the bad AI and all that stuff, but this is a game breaker for me. My friends and I are having to use outside sources of communication which just is not as easy or quick as game chat when you have multiple people. I have searched high and low for a fix and everything I try just does not work. I understand devs cannot update minute by minute what they are working on, but it has been weeks if not over a month now and I cannot find any updates on this issue that totally breaks my game for how I have been using it with my friends.

If you would like to continue commenting about the chat issue with Age of Empires: Definitive Edition and the Windows 10 April 2018 Update please do so here: Chat won't work and jam the game

Locking this thread because it is a duplicate.

1 Like