Idea about a new Inca team bonus

Good idea, although to be honest, I think you should also focus on the need for the Incas to obtain gold in the post-imperial age to have a decent army (all their specialized Inca units need gold). It is true that the Incas at the beginning of the games do not need a team bonus, however, like the Aztecs, they can focus on adding gold, so it could be a bonus that does not serve much at the beginning of the game, but that be useful in trash wars.

So what do you think of this? Taking the Inca “MIT’A” (Mita) as a reference, the team bonus Inca is that for every 300 food or wood collected, 1 gold is obtained. This would go a long way in long games and greatly help civilizations with a severe shortage of trash units and dependence on gold like the Turks.

The explanation is given that the Incas are known for the large amount of gold they possessed, in addition the MIT’A (Mita) was a system of reciprocity of work created by the Incas used in South America in both the Inca and colonial times.

I still think 2x2 farms is the best.

1 Like

It is a very nice mechanics, but isn’t too good for a team bonus?

I also thought about it, however, the Aztecs get 33% relics and the Mayans have 15% more resources. What strikes me by Native American civilizations is that due to their natural lack of Light Cavalry, they must use the expensive Eagle Warrior. The Incas do not have a bonus that allows them to play games of long duration where eagle warriors are required. Also, as I said, that team bonus will be useful only at the end of the game when the economies are based on gathering food and wood. In any case, you can calculate with trial and error the necessary number of food and wood harvesting to obtain 1 gold and thus balance the team bonus.

I am saying that it is difficult to balance since it affects all the team, but the idea is pretty cool. Different in the sense that it can be useless or OP if we do not find the right number

While I really like the Idea, it is broken as a Teambonus. Just imagine how many farms a Khmer ally could hide in the back of his base…

2 Likes

I understand, well it was just an idea, I like it and it’s historically correct. Other alternatives could also be explored such as making the Mit’a a civilization bonus and the team bonus being that the houses supports 1 additional unit.

What do you think about the idea that team bonus Inca is that their allies get a llama?

Insanly strong. All allies get strong start. Imagine this with civs with allready strong start, like Liths, Mongols, Franks, Tatars or, especialy, Britons.

1 Like

My proposition:

• Swich to the Team Bonus their current Civ Bonus - Houses support 10 POP
  • Add as Civ Bonus smaller farms (because in Ands is noot much of agrar areas)
4 Likes

10 pop house is quite strong actually… 2x2 farms is probably more difficult to code.
However I really like the 2x2 ideas…

Otherwise, to have a decent team bonus +1 carry capacity for farmers is good and straightforward to implement imo, maybe starting from castle age if you think it may be OP in feudal…

I know, will give all alies half of the Hun bonus. But is not as strong as free Llama for all. And we have already one POP-realted team bonus (Slavs).

Aren’t 2x2 farms too efficient? I think it’s too good of a buff for Incas, an already good civ

1 Like

Technicly you dont have more food or need less wood for farms. So farms are as efficient as normal farms, maybe a little better because of less walking time. They will be easier to defend and allow you to have more farms on closed maps. What is in line with semi-defensive charcter of Incas and their vill bonus.

One problem i see is mechanic of “stealing farms”. This will be probably simply not possible for Incas - what will be nerf to their villrush.

Yes that’s what I meant

I dont think effect will be much biger than their current bonus or, for example, Berber bonus.

Someone on Reddit says he modded and tested it and it resulted in about 15% faster farming. That’s borderline old Slavs

So… we can slow their farming down, as we see in Khmer case. To compensate this.